Good Deal???

gamerz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,

I have been searching on the internet and other local stores for a good deal on a D40 to start my SLR photography. I found this deal, which I thought was pretty good, and was wondering what other peoples thoughts would be on it.

http://www.vistek.ca/details/details...ID=DigitalSLRs

Anyways, to sum it up it comes with:

Nikon D40
Nikon AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED II Nikkor Zoom Lens
Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 G ED DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
Vivitar 16 in 4 USB 2.0 Card Reader
Sandisk Ultra II 2GB SD Card
Nikon Digital SLR Bag (Black)

For $839 Canadian after rebates, before taxes in canadian.

There is also another deal:

D40
Nikon AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G ED II Nikkor Zoom Lens
Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 G ED DX Nikkor Zoom Lens
No memory card, Bag, or Card Reader

For $709 after rebates, before taxes canadian.

Which deal do you guys think is better? Do you think I should wait till after PMA and see what new stuff comes out?

Thanks.

Considering I got my 2 gig memory card for 30$ and the same bag for 40$ I guess you are better off with the second deal.

What's a card reader for anyway?

well i added it up on bhphoto.com and for all the items seperatly and the bag being bigger (couldnt find that bag on bh so i picked a bigger one for about 50 bucks. The total came to 739 USD. Not sure about the conversion and shipping but just something to think about.

I'd try to find a kit with the 55-200 VR lens rather than the non-VR that appears to be in that kit. Can't comment on pricing because I have no idea what things go for in CAD vs US.

If you're in Canada.. future shop has a good deal on a kit with the D40x. Also Vistek has some sales on the D40 and D40x which are on til Jan 19th.

If i really have to pick one, i would go with the 2nd choice, because you can get a 2GB Ultra II SD for about 14.00USD from www.buy.com , they have promotion from time to time. Card reader are really cheap these day, you need a reader that can read SD along with other media, doesn't have to be 16 in 1, you can get these anywhere for about 10.00-15.00. I am not sure about the Nikon bag, but i don't think it's going to cost more than 60.00USD.

I'll look around a little more, at first glance it just looked like a great deal. Also, would a camera bag actually be useful??? I would most likely just use it around home for the beggining, and I think I have an old camera bag somewhere :confused:

Anyways thanks.

Most reactions

Back