When I first saw your thread I thought, WOW! Being new to digital I was amazed you could get rid of this woman and make it look so good. "It" being the edit of the woman.
But then I looked at the two pictures and I couldn't help but wonder why. Why spend time making a boring photo? Now, before you get upset, let me finish.
1/ I don't get putting one (or a few) B&W pictures in a mostly color album. Especially one that is not a good B&W.
2/ You didn't even bother to straighten out the horizon.
3/ and that is the most important. To me, by removing this woman, you killed the photo.
It took me a while to figure out that both the bride and groom were in the middle and I still have not the slightest idea what is going on. But it doesn't matter. The original shot is just so-so. The edited shot is blah. In my book so-so is better than blah.
And then I look at it again. And, guess what? You have a kinda wonderful picture in the original. Well, ok, to my sick, twisted brain

But, seriously, I will not be the only one seeing that while there is nothing to see in the edit.
Original: You have a bride and groom rushing forward and a pregnant woman holding the door open for them because they are rushing towards pregnancy, the next step. And she is laughing because this photo is mysterious (not clear at all) and because she knows why they are rushing.
Alright, I did mention my twisted brain, so take it for what it's worth but I believe that you could have simply straightened out the original shot and be done with it.