Good Editing?

DWHJR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldwharvey.tumblr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
tell me what you think about the before and after of this photo I edited. Let me know if you think it is a good edit or not?

Before
54b8e9722dc04ed09ac59a99cb146e57

After
6536aaf8ae824b8e8be612ad536ebdd6

I'd say you did a pretty good job.

At first glance I don't see any odd cloning marks. I would like to see the tiny bit of motion blur gone though.

Nice job/shot.

Very AWESOME... I agree with the motion blur comment... if possible.

That must've taken you forever to clone a whole person out! Very nice. Love the tone in the photo. Nice effect.

Good clone job, but Uh, it's still crooked. I'd say the b&w conversion lacks contrast in the mid-tones so there is a lot of detail in the dress that gets lost.

Maybe something like this: I tried to make the groom's feet a bit more noticeable too.

54b8e9722dc04ed09ac59a99cb146e57.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job!

I'd use some blur or something to get rid of the cloning marks.

KmH,

I like the contrast that you have, bringing out the dress a bit more as well as the grooms feet, however the crop you choose i think does not do the picture justice, in my opinion. It makes the picture uneven, half of the picture has a blank wall with the other half the key subject. With my crop it puts them in the center attention with even walls on each side highlighting the entrance.

The contrast you did however is very nice.

KmH,

I like the contrast that you have, bringing out the dress a bit more as well as the grooms feet, however the crop you choose i think does not do the picture justice, in my opinion. It makes the picture uneven, half of the picture has a blank wall with the other half the key subject. With my crop it puts them in the center attention with even walls on each side highlighting the entrance.

The contrast you did however is very nice.
The crop is mostly in lieu of cloning. I converted your color version and since it was late.......

You're right the centered composition worked. However, all the expanse of wall doesn't really add to the image. You might consider a square crop.

coool pic. love how u edited a whole person out. very nice

coool pic. love how u edited a whole person out. very nice

Actually this is not accurate, here thumb nail is still there.:lol:

Just kidding, great job.
I was happy when I learned how to crop a photo.

When I first saw your thread I thought, WOW! Being new to digital I was amazed you could get rid of this woman and make it look so good. "It" being the edit of the woman.

But then I looked at the two pictures and I couldn't help but wonder why. Why spend time making a boring photo? Now, before you get upset, let me finish.

1/ I don't get putting one (or a few) B&W pictures in a mostly color album. Especially one that is not a good B&W.

2/ You didn't even bother to straighten out the horizon.

3/ and that is the most important. To me, by removing this woman, you killed the photo.

It took me a while to figure out that both the bride and groom were in the middle and I still have not the slightest idea what is going on. But it doesn't matter. The original shot is just so-so. The edited shot is blah. In my book so-so is better than blah.

And then I look at it again. And, guess what? You have a kinda wonderful picture in the original. Well, ok, to my sick, twisted brain :lol: But, seriously, I will not be the only one seeing that while there is nothing to see in the edit.

Original: You have a bride and groom rushing forward and a pregnant woman holding the door open for them because they are rushing towards pregnancy, the next step. And she is laughing because this photo is mysterious (not clear at all) and because she knows why they are rushing.

Alright, I did mention my twisted brain, so take it for what it's worth but I believe that you could have simply straightened out the original shot and be done with it.

Interesting take cloudwalker.

IMHO I'm not a fan of the original pic itself but I think you did an excellent job in the edit - though you *must* straighten that horizon.

Thanks for all of the responses, especially the one that informed I missed the thumbnail! gotta take care of that one :)

I think if you were to look at the original from a journalistist point of view, there is alot of story behind this, however, I think that the bride and groom would like to have the photo more centered on them and not distracting others.

It's hard for someone who was not there to look at the photo and know exactly whats happening. The reason I took this one at that current moment, is because they were walking into the reception and this is the funny moment they wanted to show everyone! They will remember this moment for the rest of there lives and now they have a picture to remind them.

Once again thanks for all the responses and I will be sure to put them into the picture!

Harvey

Most reactions

New Topics

Back