Good entry level Canon DSLR?

Also, my local Target sells the T2i with kit lens for $399 which is the same price that of the T3.

????? I was just at Target today and looked. They didn't have the T2i at all. Only the T3 and the Nikon D3100 and 5100.

The T3 at Target here is $499.

Walmart has the T2i for $649 with kit lens and the T3i for $749. Canon's site currently has rebates until June 2nd and the T2i is $649 through them. Seen it at Amazon for that price too.

When you say local Target, where are we talking?? (I'm currently in Nashville, IN visiting my daughter and my new grand son who is 1 week old today! :mrgreen:).

I'm currently selling my 5 month old T3i w/18-55 kit lens & 55-250 + extra battery, UV & warming filters, circular polarizer, 16GB SD card & pop up flash diffuser for $900.. I'm in NY. Great condition, like new!

Also, my local Target sells the T2i with kit lens for $399 which is the same price that of the T3.

????? I was just at Target today and looked. They didn't have the T2i at all. Only the T3 and the Nikon D3100 and 5100.

The T3 at Target here is $499.

Walmart has the T2i for $649 with kit lens and the T3i for $749. Canon's site currently has rebates until June 2nd and the T2i is $649 through them. Seen it at Amazon for that price too.

When you say local Target, where are we talking?? (I'm currently in Nashville, IN visiting my daughter and my new grand son who is 1 week old today! :mrgreen:).

As can be seen from my profile, I'm from Los Angeles. I just went to another Target (San Dimas) near my place and the T2i is still $499 right beside the T3. Two things to note: 1) The T2i is a discontinued product hence it's on sale if available (Try Costco also); 2) I've noticed that the discounted Target price for the T2i ends on May 26. :(

Last edited:
jrizal said:
1) The T2i is a discontinued product hence it's on sale if available (

Where the heck do you get this from? The t2i is still listed on canons site as in production and from what wee seen of canon in the past os they wont retire it completely as a current model until the t4i has been out a couple months

I have a T3 with a Tamron 18-270 lense. Also have a Promaster 2500EDF hot shoe mount flash, 3 batteries and a charger. Everything is in like new condition. Still have all the original boxes. I just dont use this setup and it pretty much just sits here. I bought everything new about 7 months ago. I would be willing to sell the whole setup for $750 plus shipping or make me an offer. I can send pics if interested.

Just wait for the new Canon 650D which is going to be released in June. If the rumors are true: improved sensor, touchscreen, WiFi, auto focus in video mode - it's going to be a hit among film production beginners! It's just perfect in a way. No more no less.
Greetz!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back