Good Glass Needed?

Why don't you rent a couple of nice lenses like a 24-70 f2.8 and a 70-200 f2.8 and compare them to what you are using now. I always say rent before you buy.

Good idea, that is something I did not consider or even knew existed. After your suggestion I have actually found the lens I was considering in the post above, 17-55 f2.8 for the DX on a site already called Photo Rental Source. They also have another lens I was considering because I want to go wider, the Tokina 11-16 f2.8. I will definitely look to rent prior to purchase, to see for myself if the cost is justified for my uses, so thanks alot.

Are there any specific companies that you recommend for rentals?

If you don't want to lay out thousands for top end glass then renting for trips is THE way to go. That said, the 18-55 kits lens, for as much as people talk ish about it, can make some fantastic photos.

If you can afford better glass, then yes by all means buy it. If you can't, well then learn to make the best with what you have. Your kit lenses should get you pretty far actually. Until you figure out the exact place where your kit lens limits you, then you don't know what type of "better" lens to buy. Renting can help with that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back