good grief

aprilraven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
memories sharp as daggars, pierce thru the flesh of today. the suicide of love took away all that matters and buried the remains in an unmarked grave in your heart.

too_much_grief_for_pallie.jpg

the_look_of_grief.jpg

pallie_tears.jpg

hold me, like you held on to life,
when all fears came alive and entombed me....

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3190.jpg

i dream of the winter in my heart, turning to spring, while the ice
gives way under my feet...

IMG_3185.jpg

the first three i took yesterday of anicole..the two others are ones she took of me, and i took the last one...
can you imagine us around your cemetary?? needless to say, we got
alot of looks...but we usually do....
thanks for looking...

the words are from songs by 'HIM'.....dark light album

Love the first shot.... superbly composed and really like the second to last for the same reason. You really encaptured the words well with this series. Inspired aprilraven :thumbup:

Oh wow!!! These are killer. I love all of them. I love the mystery and the feeling to these. Awesome work on these. I would love to try these shots with the lensbaby. I think the last two shots really stand out for me. I cant stop looking at these.

Chiller said:
Oh wow!!! These are killer. I love all of them. I love the mystery and the feeling to these. Awesome work on these.

What he said!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

man, ya'll are blowing me away...thank you... when i pulled them up on my computer last night, my husband was less than enthusiastic...he kinda felt like i was being sacreligious.....i dont mean to offend anyone... i just kinda know grief intimately....( so does anicole..)

thanks for all the kind words...i just really loved the first two...cause for one, i have always felt real greif made you prone... just ripped your heart out of your chest...and the look on anicoles face is just killer...she is a great model....thanks again.

photo gal said:
Really cool series Rave and Nicole....definitely portrays a story! Love it! Not even a real glimpse of you though Rave....cheater cheater...I swear I feel cheated!!!!: )

believe me photogal... you havent missed much....its over rated!!

aprilraven said:
thanks for all the kind words...i just really loved the first two...cause for one, i have always felt real greif made you prone... just ripped your heart out of your chest...and the look on anicoles face is just killer...she is a great model....thanks again.

it was fun, chic .... only you and I could drape artlessly over tombstones to pose and think it was 'a great day.'

Now if we just had a set of giant wings ....

anicole said:
Now if we just had a set of giant wings ....

oh may..anicole. Last year I was at a prop sale, and there was a set of white angel wings for sale there. Hmm.. missed it. :confused:
Ya look good in the photos girl. :thumbup:

Chiller said:
oh may..anicole. Last year I was at a prop sale, and there was a set of white angel wings for sale there. Hmm.. missed it. :confused:
Ya look good in the photos girl. :thumbup:

kinda funny...there was a huge stone angel that i wanted to pose nicole like...and i told her then, we should have bought the huge black wings we had seen at halloween... maybe we can this next one...

we would look like victorias secret models from h*ll.....:lmao:

thinking we will keep props around, and utilize them for week end shoots..and if we have a personal funeral on the way, then, heck, we are prepared...( i'm always dressed for a good funeral....!!)

btw chiller...i'm in the dang photos too....( always a funeral director, never a corpse....)

I think the problem I have with #1 is that it looks staged - I mean, I know it was, and it's very well done :) , but I love #2, 5 and 6 because they seem so real and natural. You could have just happened to find that shawl caught in the gate, it looks great!

btw, if you haven't already, check out Razorblade Romance, it's their best album I think :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back