Good idea to buy a Canon rebel XS?

ILikePictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is right now a good time to buy a canon Rebel xs for my first DSLR? Or will the price hopefully drop by the time the t3i comes out?

I have a Rebel XS ans it is my first DSLR and I am very happy with it. I haven't found anything that I can't do with it that I would want to do yet. I would recommend it.

I would expect the price to be dropping soon, so maybe hold off just a bit longer :)

why do today what you can put off tomorrow. OTOH if you buy it today you can show us your shots tomorrow.

That's what I'm currently shooting on, and it's really helped me out. The only thing I don't like is the noise at higher levels, but that's what you get with a entry level and it's making me think out side of the box overall when it comes to that! Good camera for entry or just relearning how to shoot.

In my opinion, don't buy it at full price now.
Here is starting to appear discounted, and this is making it a good deal. It is also my camera, I'm glad of it and I will not change it for at least another year, but now, if compared to the most recent entry level dSLR, is a bit outdated (if price is too close - as usual, it is matter of trade-off).

Is right now a good time to buy a canon Rebel xs for my first DSLR? Or will the price hopefully drop by the time the t3i comes out?

I guess the real question might be, whether or not it will drop enough in price (the XS) to make the wait worthwhile and how long will the wait be. Personally, I would just go for it and get on with your photography...my humble opinion. HTH.

WesternGuy

I just bought one and love it, i got mine from walmart and the camera and lens was 499 but they had the bundle with the Canon bag and memory card for 499, so i came out lucky. Hey will, im still trying to figure out, how do you focus on something in the distance and everything else thats closer to the camera blurry???

Personally, I went with a used prosumer model a few generations old rather than a more current Rebel-line model due to the ergonomics and the controls -- IMO, the Rebel bodies are harder to use on-the-fly since they lack a rear control wheel.

that's what I own. I would just buy it if you are really interested and not sit around hoping it will drop soon.

You won't regret it. It's a really good DSLR to get into photography, in my opinion.

You check craigslist yet? I got my XS on there, like new for $340 with the 18-55 IS, strap, software, manuals, everything but the original box.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back