Good liars are popular

True, it is just the Internet.
I've heard that quite a bit before and have always wondered exactly what that means, of course aside from physical interaction.

I mean, it's not like people have killed themselves over incidents on the internet, riiiiight:meh:????? (see how I did that, and projected my tone over the Internet)

as was said earlier, of course people lie.

Our culture has taught us that we are the most important people. I need to watch out for number one... I need to take care of myself. We are expected to have a high left of self-esteem, and self-confidence, which is basically stating that I am good, and perhaps better than the average person. Many times this self-esteem takes the form of us expecting that we are entitled to something. I am entitled to have a good job because I got a degree from a college. I am entitled to get good grades because I paid the tuition.

Following this line of thinking if we believe that we are entitled, if we are better than others, and if we are supposed to watch out for #1 then we are going to do what we need to do to make those things happen.

Many times this means lying.

Do you think lying is purely good, or bad? Is there a possibly a gray area in regards to lies?

We are a society of liars after all. We can accept it, tune it out, or be frustrated because there's nothing that can be done about it.

Well, I don't know if you're asking me... but...

What happens (any event) is the truth or reality, people perceive what happens through their own stories and life events, the problem is that this being the case when a person sees the event their perception is already off of the truth and therefore anything they say is basically a lie, thus I would suggest that lying is inevitable.

That being said I would suggest that lying exists, and is neither good nor bad, it is. I do not prefer to be around people who intentionally lie frequently, but that is my choice and my own personal preference.

True, it is just the Internet.
I've heard that quite a bit before and have always wondered exactly what that means, of course aside from physical interaction.

I mean, it's not like people have killed themselves over incidents on the internet, riiiiight:meh:????? (see how I did that, and projected my tone over the Internet)
Where have you been dude. You bet people have killed themselves over incidents on the Internet. There was a big case in Missouri, remember? As woman posed, online, as a 15 year old boy. Said some very nasty things to a 13 year old girl who then killed herself.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know if you're asking me... but...

What happens (any event) is the truth or reality, people perceive what happens through their own stories and life events, the problem is that this being the case when a person sees the event their perception is already off of the truth and therefore anything they say is basically a lie, thus I would suggest that lying is inevitable.

That being said I would suggest that lying exists, and is neither good nor bad, it is. I do not prefer to be around people who intentionally lie frequently, but that is my choice and my own personal preference.
Yep, perception, reality and bias have a direct bearing on what people define as truth.

In society some forms of lying are considered mandatory. You don't tell ugly people they are ugly.

But, there is definately a point where a line is crossed and lying becomes bad.

Most reactions

Back