Good smoke.

EdATX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
IMG_0355.jpg

Be kind, first photo post for me on this site! :)

Didn't get to smoke that tonight, but it is on tap for Monday night.

It's a great smoke!!! One of my favorites.

It is a very nice shot except the surface the cigar is sitting on is dirty. This is probably from the cigar but it is still a bit distracting. My other suggestion is to shoot at his one at a slightly wider depth of field. I would like to see the whole cigar i. Focus. However that may be a personal choice and would like to see what others think on that.

Finally don't take my or others nitpicks too harshly. This is a very good first shot and you show a lot of promise. Keep it up.

Yeah, I didn't see those little flakes till later (already had everything put up. Main focus point was on the label. I normally take a few shots of my cigars before I smoke them. It's a good way to remember them by. :)

Yeah, I didn't see those little flakes till later (already had everything put up. Main focus point was on the label. I normally take a few shots of my cigars before I smoke them. It's a good way to remember them by. :)

If your focus was on the label the right side is a little over exposed to actually get all the detail of the label. I like the idea but i think the whole picture needs to be dark and grungy. I also think the cutter is a little distracting maybe try to hide it a little more.

I'll work up something for this evening. Was using the cutter to get a little angle on the cigar, but going to setup the light tent a little different this time around.

For me the shadow edges are to sharp and the light quality a bit harsh.

Shadow edge definition and light quality is controlled by the size, or apparent size of your light source. The bigger a light source, or apparent light source, is the more diffuse shadow edges become and the softer the light quality becomes.
Photographic umbrellas, diffusion panels, brollys, and softboxes all make a small light source apparently larger and soften both the light quality and the shadow edges.

I used to have some AlienBees. umbrellas, softboxes, but they got sold long ago. Right now it's just my Sigma 610 DG Super and a light tent. I'll be picking up 1-2 more speed lights along with umbrella and mounts for the light stands. Softboxes in June.

Prob help me out some if I put a few reflectors inside the light tent to bounce some of that light around. Need to get some more of that foam board.

But here is what I came up with for this evening.

IMG_0412.jpg

Still got some hard shadows to this one also.

It's been like a year or so since I've really done anything photography-wise and way longer since I've used any flash. Gotta get back into the swing of things.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back