good with PS????

You'd probably get more replies if you just posted your question.

That is how a forum works, after all.

LOL okay! Well I got a reply, thank you! AND if you ask him what I was asking is just a little too confusing to put on here..

Okay I made a layer to do edits on and kept the orig layer orig.

Why when I make it black and white does it delete my layer copy?

Okay I made a layer to do edits on and kept the orig layer orig.

Why when I make it black and white does it delete my layer copy?
There's several way to go about converting an image to black and white, what did you do.

I clicked flatten because thats what the guy told me to do that taught me how?

You should try using Channel Mixer. It gives you more control. You can tweak an individual channel for different effects. I find that conversion to grayscale can make some images look sort of flat. Channel Mixer can give excellent results, if you take the time to adjust all 3 of the sliders. Mostly I do 100% green with 10% red. Also you can use an adjustment layer so that you don't mess with the image itself. HTH!

You should try using Channel Mixer. It gives you more control. You can tweak an individual channel for different effects. I find that conversion to grayscale can make some images look sort of flat. Channel Mixer can give excellent results, if you take the time to adjust all 3 of the sliders. Mostly I do 100% green with 10% red. Also you can use an adjustment layer so that you don't mess with the image itself. HTH!

Channel mixer is truly the best way!

Not anymore.

With CS3, you add a B/W adjustment layer, and you get to change the slider for RED/YELLOW/GREEN/BLUE/CYAN/PURPLE(or Pink).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back