A Moment Suspended In Time
drip1resizewc6.jpg

Recycled Air
drip2resizetg9.jpg

Minutes For Memories
drip3resizewo0.jpg

There Could Be Nothing After This
drip5resizekv0.jpg

Number 2 is the best, it's got the most convincing sense of motion.

the first one is great i think ... because of its simplicity and the two colour background.

i agree though, that you lost quite many of the water ripples.

Wow, I do like Photo 1, and how the tip of water seems to balance the droplet, and I also like the complementary background colours and how they switch inside the droplet! Way cool!

The wobbly droplet in 1 ... what WOBBLED it so??? That one is very funny. Lovely colours there, too (like in all), and the ripples look their best in Photo 2.

I think Photo 4 could also (still) be very good as a division in half and using only the top (now horizontal) half! The blurry background and its turned-around colours sharply represented in the droplet only.

I really dont like the crop on these, why have you cut half of the ripples off..

Yeah sorry about that i was trying to keep the focus intact and i was shooting handheld and dropping the water in there at the same time. I didnt have my tripod with me so when i get that i can get the frame more centered and i was also shooting portrait.

Very cool effect.

Wow, I do like Photo 1, and how the tip of water seems to balance the droplet, and I also like the complementary background colours and how they switch inside the droplet! Way cool!

The wobbly droplet in 1 ... what WOBBLED it so??? That one is very funny. Lovely colours there, too (like in all), and the ripples look their best in Photo 2.

I think Photo 4 could also (still) be very good as a division in half and using only the top (now horizontal) half! The blurry background and its turned-around colours sharply represented in the droplet only.

Lol I just caught that one on the way up. I found a condiment dispenser like the ketchup bottles at restaurants at walmart and thats what im using to drop the water in and a lot of these splashes wernt going straight up they were splashing out of the bowl.

how do people do this? they look so good!

Thank you. As for how i do it; all you do is get a bowl, something to drop the water (a water bottle with a squeeze top will work), something to use for a background, lights and a tripod although i didnt use one and a lot of patience lol. Its not very difficult i think the setup is prob the hardest part.

What kind of lights did you use?

um two clamp on lights from home depot with two compact florescent bulbs 100w and those were put just on the background and i used my on camera flash for the water

Most reactions

Back