got a new lens

dalewood

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so i had decided to buy the 35mm f/1.8 and i like it so far. I now have the 35mm f/1.8 the 18mm-55mm vr and the 55mm-200mm vr. any suggestions on things i should get next?

Why not just shoot with what you have for now? You carry a good reach with focal length. When you need something else because your arsenal isn't producing, then find out why and what will fill that void.

BTW, I don't see a flash in your sig. That's where I'd be looking to burn some extra cash.

Why not just shoot with what you have for now? You carry a good reach with focal length. When you need something else because your arsenal isn't producing, then find out why and what will fill that void.

BTW, I don't see a flash in your sig. That's where I'd be looking to burn some extra cash.

^ Seconded. Fast primes are great though, and you picked a good one, so no need for buyer's remorse in my opinion. Flashes are nice to have even in broad daylight and I'm a fan of cheap radio triggers as well, for some inexpensive off-camera fun.

Bokeh's tough. Basically, it's how the blurred background looks. There's different types. Most photographers agree that smooth creamy bokeh is the best. "Nervous" bokeh, in my opinion, is the worst. It looks like just a double image of whatever's in the background. Bokeh becomes the shape of your aperture when there are glints of light, so some lenses produce more pleasing bokeh than others. More confusingly, the same lens over different focal ranges and aperture stops will produce different bokeh. Bokeh can be used to add neat effects to your images, too.

Here's a link that goes in depth and explains why it is what it is:

bokeh

and here's one that shows different types:

http://toothwalker.org/optics/bokeh.html

If you want to see bokeh really pronounced in your images, have your subject close and your background far. The wider the aperture, the more pronounced your bokeh will be.

Most reactions

Back