Got some money for new Lens and Flash

You could get a refurbished by Nikon 55-200 VR from Adorama: 2166B Nikon 55mm - 200mm f/4-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR (Vibration Reduction) Autofocus Zoom Lens - Refurbished by Nikon U.S.A.

That's a good deal!

I think a speedlight is important. So would highly consider getting the refurbished and an SB-600 if you need the reach.
They have a refurbished by Nikon SB600 too. Although a new one isn't that much more. But you may get all three this way. 4802B NIKON SB-600 TTL AF Shoe Mount Speedlight - Refurbished By Nikon U.S.A.

I personally would have no concern with the Nikon refurbished. If there are any problems they would show up right away typically and they have a 90 day warranty. Sometimes refurbished means checking over a returned item, or replacing something very basic. I don't think it's often a major thing that was replaced.

If I am saving over $50 I might consider it but anything under 50 then I might as well buy use.

You'll typically save a 25-30% when buying used lenses in mint condition. For example a sigma 10-20mm sells new in the us for around $550, they go for between little as $350 and $400 in "like-new" used condition.

I would also not buy used from any place other then ebay. Craigslist, pawn shops, etc. will offer you no protection if you get the lens home and it find out something is wrong with it. Ebay HEAVILY favors buyers in any dispute.

When buying lenses in mint condition (on ebay) you often save less than 10%, ebay buyers pay way too much for most used items!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back