480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After purchasing a Sekonic L-508 from the local brick-n-mortar toy store a month ago, they had this for sale:

Sekonic%20758%20and%20exposure%20chart.jpg

A Sokonic L-758DR and Exposure Profile Target!

Since I bought the L-508 just a month ago, they let me return it for a full refund and apply it towards these.

Nice! That is an amazing meter, and the ability to profile it to your camera? Friggin' awesome. Have you tried the Sekonic profiling software yet?

.......... Have you tried the Sekonic profiling software yet?

Yes, and it doesn't work the way Sokonic's videos show it. I can only select 3 images to profile with.

I have that set as well but it's been long enough now that I don't remember how to use it anymore. I did the profiling. I'll have to review before I go out with the 4x5 again. Sucks getting old!

Yes, and it doesn't work the way Sokonic's videos show it. I can only select 3 images to profile with.
I think what you mean is you can only store 3 profiles in the Meter.

No, the software only allows me to use 3 images to create a given profile, despite their video using 11 images.
I don't remember 11; I've only ever done it with three using the X-Rite Passport, but I haven't done it for a long time.

I think what you mean is you can only store 3 profiles in the Meter.

No, the software only allows me to use 3 images to create a given profile, despite their video using 11 images.
Well ,the video (which I didn't watch today) doesn't match the software guide. The software guide (datatransfersoftware_guide_en_d75_1016.pdf) says you use 3 exposures if using the Exposure profile target II which you are using and use 11 exposures if using the Exposure Profile Target. The targets are different. See page 21.
I used 3 exposures on mine and it all went well. But, yes, this can get confusing.

I can't seem to find the exact one, but I know that Joe Brady has done some youtube video's with this light meter and he talks about the custom profiles of it. Watching his video's is what made me want this meter. (He posts video's on his page and the Sekonic page)

Well ,the video (which I didn't watch today) doesn't match the software guide. The software guide (datatransfersoftware_guide_en_d75_1016.pdf) says you use 3 exposures if using the Exposure profile target II which you are using and use 11 exposures if using the Exposure Profile Target. The targets are different. See page 21.
I used 3 exposures on mine and it all went well. But, yes, this can get confusing.

So I'm finding out. It's all greek/geek to me. I dunno if I'll ever really use this chart to it's fullest potential. I just thought the meter alone was just schnizzle.

At least it allows some calibration for use with a film camera. It raised my trust in it's readings for the 4x5. Of course it's not dead on accurate like it will be for a camera with a built in sensor but I think it's better than nothing. :02.47-tranquillity:

At least it allows some calibration for use with a film camera. It raised my trust in it's readings for the 4x5. Of course it's not dead on accurate like it will be for a camera with a built in sensor but I think it's better than nothing. :02.47-tranquillity:

I will primarily use this for both 6x7 and 4x5 as none of mine have a meter.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back