Graduated

Bellezzo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.menexenus.blogspot.dk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my mothers friends wanted me to photograph her daughter after her graduation. What do you think of them? Any c/c is appreciated.
$red9.jpg1
$red7.jpg2
$red1.jpg3

Interesting combination of "Roman" (the dress) and "Sailer Boy" (the hat).

Speaking of the hat, it's casting a shadow that's creating a "Lone Ranger" mask around her eyes. It probably would have been better to ditch the hat or to use a reflector to fill in the shadows under the hat's bill.

Number two has the proverbial tree growing out of her head.

Also, that seems like a very luke-warm expression for someone who's just graduated. Can't you get her to smile more?

Lol the hat is the graduation hat you wear in Denmark.
And yeah you're right about the shadow especially, thanks for the c&c.

Portrait orientation might have been better here. Otherwise nice photos.

Errr...

That hat needed to go. I imagine (hope) it has some special meaning, but really... wow. Like holy crap no.

You could have used the separation from background that a wide aperture would give you. As it is, the background is much too clear.

On the posing side, asking your subject to rotate their body about 45 degrees usually gives a more pleasing pose.

The exposures and locations are nice, but the composition is lacking. 3 centered shots just doesn't do it for me.

Hahhaha the hat has a special meaning, yes, it's the hat students wear for their graduations in Denmark, I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I think it would lose some meaning if I asked her to take it off ;)

I'll work on the pose, it's true, she's a little stiff too.

And yeah, these are a bit too centered I'm aware, I do have others though that are more rule-of-thirds-like.

Bellezzo said:
Hahhaha the hat has a special meaning, yes, it's the hat students wear for their graduations in Denmark, I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I think it would lose some meaning if I asked her to take it off ;)

I'll work on the pose, it's true, she's a little stiff too.

And yeah, these are a bit too centered I'm aware, I do have others though that are more rule-of-thirds-like.

Ah. I'd say "oh my god what a stupid weird hat" but in the US we wear a big square with a piece of a curtain hanging off of it, sooooo...

Lol

I have this one too, but I feel like there's something wrong with the angle. What do you say?
View attachment 13353

I actually like this one better than the first three. Having her stand at an angle makes the picture "friendlier" and adds some interest/variation. She doesn't look as "stiff", although she still doesn't look like she's enjoying herself.

Oh, and since she's in the shade she doesn't have the "lone ranger" mask effect that she has in the sunlight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back