Grafitti

If someone did that to my property, I'd intentionally see to it they landed in county lockup.

Lol... I forgot to add with proper permission, of course. ;D My friend that did the piece in my last post was actually contacted by the city to cover up a bunch of profanity, explicit illustrations etc. with something respectablely done.

Let's get some picture of Graffiti, and your 2 cents about whether this is vandalism or art? Personally I think "taggin" just scribbling a name is vandalism, and pointless. But sometimes, when graffiti artists make giant murals or those such as Banksy do it in a political or humorous way, it is definitely a form of art.

i agree with you. but i think effective graffiti is a mix of both art and vandalism combined.

Stupid question. There is nothing about being art that precludes it also being vandalism and nothing about vandalism that eliminates any artistic merit. . . That said, if you don't own the property or don't have explicit permission from the property owner and any and all tenants then it is vandalism, period. It doesn't matter whether the work has any artistic merit or not.

Tagging, per se, it not art. Its purely vandalism. Some graffiti is art, though it is usually also vandalism.

Entirely agree.

Just a thought I have never seen graffiti in a gallery nor a museum.
Another thought just because someone signs their name/emblem pretty does that make it art?
I'm also sure this would not be a question if someone "beautified" your car! lol

Last edited:
Just a thought I have never seen graffiti in a gallery nor a museum.
Another thought just because someone signs their name/emblem pretty does that make it art?
I'm also sure this would not be a question if someone "beautified" your car! lol

ive seen graffiti exhibits at galleries and museums hundreds of times.
true, you might not see it at the louvre or the galleria dell' accademia, but that doesnt mean theyre not out there. and in abundance at that.
:thumbsup:

I honestly think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It can be amazing to see the different styles while traveling.

I really like your photos.

FH0000233.jpg

This is a fantastic image!

2480015919_67d349a306_b.jpg

It's red and it's a Volkswagen, the graffiti is commissioned work on the side of an art complex/gallery.

same wall with new work but without red VW...

3092472243_caf47552f3_b.jpg

I feel some of it is art, but as said in many posts', taste in all in your mouth :lol:

I also think if it's done in one location with a design and a plan it can be cool, but when rivals paint over it to leave there mark, looks pretty grim.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back