I have to agree with tertius on this one. I would like to also pose the question. Where do you see any white to be picky about? I see light reflecting off of the brass, copper, pewter, and silver objects in this picture. Those metals and the patena that they have would color the light reflecting off of them. The only white that I see is that small thread of white that is part of the ribbon in the far upper left. Considering the age of the medals and the state they are in I doubt that that thread is white. That being said, without you being there to see these objects in real life, you cannot tell how accurately the image reproduces how they look.
I for one think it is a really good shot. The mix of colors and textures goes a long way to convey just what these medals stand for.
Vince