Grandsons Basketball game

rgregory1965

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did this just for fun, but was a challenge due to poor lighting.....was up around the ISO 3200 range the whole time and was struggling to keep it at 1/250 at around 6.3 to reduce some of the motion blur.

Still good times..

DSC_7129.jpg

DSC_7177.jpg

DSC_7178.jpg

DSC_7200.jpg

DSC_7214.jpg

Under the circumstances, good job! :thumbup: You can see where those extra 2 and-a-bit stops of a fast, 2.8 zoom would have been nice.

No. 1 definitely shows the high ISO via the grain, but the other photos have a lot less!

You did a good job in terms of framing; no.2 the kid has plenty of space to run "into" the photo.

They all look pretty sharp!

The last one (assuming that's your GS) is too flippin' adorable!

Under the circumstances, good job! :thumbup: You can see where those extra 2 and-a-bit stops of a fast, 2.8 zoom would have been nice.

Yup....cant wait till I get the funds for a 2.8 70-200

No. 1 definitely shows the high ISO via the grain, but the other photos have a lot less!

You did a good job in terms of framing; no.2 the kid has plenty of space to run "into" the photo.

They all look pretty sharp!

The last one (assuming that's your GS) is too flippin' adorable!

Thanks...It was fun, and he is a cute kid....

was up around the ISO 3200 range the whole time and was struggling to keep it at 1/250 at around 6.3 to reduce some of the motion blur.

Just a question, But why were you at an aperture of 6.3? Was it to try to get a deeper DOF? at that range I would assume a more wide open ap would have given more light and still given a decent DOF. And if you were using it cause your DOF was too narrow, how would a 2.8 lens help, as you would still have to stop it down to 6.3? Unless you were stopping it down to 6.3 to clear up your lens, as I've heard some lenses are less sharp at wide open settings.

I only ask cause in the near future I hope to shoot my girls sporting events!

Most reactions

Back