Grass fed with Zero Emissions (Thailand Picture C&C)

TheSon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is an old pic (3-4 years old when I lived in Thailand) that I heavily post-processed today... taken with an old crappy (but indestructible) Nikon S1.

It was so dark the boy's (and the elephant's) features were not visible. I lightened and added contrast/saturation, etc in LR. I wanted to give it a surreal feel. Let me know what you think...

I have a lot more of these (thousands) I'm going to play around with...

3345402055_9c41696e36_b.jpg

The heavy processing shows, of course, but you knew it would ... all in all you did well to rescue a pic that at first sight looked like a "blooper". But that huge amount of bright sky ... is blinding. Does it have to stay?

For the more experienced guys here, is there a technique you can use while shooting to reduce the silouette effect on a bright day? Meaning, if it's a real bright background, can you brighten the subject or dim the background without the use of flash?

(not hijacking - just expounding) ;)

This is the original for reference...

DSCN0717.jpg

i like it....the tones are nice, and the blown out sky doesnt bother me for some reason...nice edit.

For the more experienced guys here, is there a technique you can use while shooting to reduce the silouette effect on a bright day? Meaning, if it's a real bright background, can you brighten the subject or dim the background without the use of flash?

(not hijacking - just expounding) ;)

You could use a GND filter to dim the sky and expose for the elephant and boy

Most reactions

Back