Graveyard photoshoot w/ the new sigma 8mm... C&C PLEASE

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just picked up the new lens today. I LOVE it. It captures color way better than my tokina fisheye. Please give me some feedback on what you think about the pictures. Some are cropped, some are not. Constructive criticism is not only welcome but encouraged. I just want to get better. Sorry there are 5 pictures...I wanted to put around 9, so it was already really hard to narrow it down to these 5. This photography thing is WAY too much fun :D
graveyard1.jpg

graveyard2.jpg

graveyard3.jpg

graveyard4.jpg

graveyard5.jpg

Instead of using the flash I would've liked to see a tripod and long exposure! Gotta get me a fish-eye!

However, I took these on the way home from picking up the lens before the sun went down. Didn't bring my tripod with me. There will by many more to come soon with this bad boy.

I LOVE THE LENSE! I want a fish eye so bad. Im also new to photography but hey practice makes perfect and just like me as the days go buy you get better and better with your gear.

only thing i would say is pop up flash but hey, you were testing it out so its ok

I really want a fisheye like that..

good pics mate lens is awsome

Going to sound harsh, but I think you can do way better with that location. As stated, they are test shots and honestly, thats what they look like.

Popup flash kills many of them. The angles seem quickly chosen (1). Nothing really stands out.

Head back there with a tripod, a flashlight (read on painting with light) and more time and produce some killer work like I know you can

he did say he was using a speedlite...
however..i do agree with twinky...the angles you chose aren't really complimented by the fisheye. but as you said...these are test shots.
i do look forward to seeing more of your work with your new glass. :D

hum, you can get a comparaison with your tokina fisheye now, I am not sure I enjoy the back corner on the sigma :/

he did say he was using a speedlite...
however..i do agree with twinky...the angles you chose aren't really complimented by the fisheye. but as you said...these are test shots.
i do look forward to seeing more of your work with your new glass. :D

Speedlite can look just as bad as popup if you haven't set it up properly. These need to be diffused, and probably be turned down some. And even if he said it was a speedlite, they look like what you'd get with a popup.

OP, this is a great location, and nice composition, but I think you ought to go back and try again with a tripod and longer exposures.

Didnt have the diffuser in my bag at the time. Or else I would have used it. And you guys are right I definitely would have preferred to use a tripod and just take longer exposures.

I am going to hawaii on friday, Hopefully I will get some good pictures there, some cool fisheyes and some great wide angle pics.

Most reactions

Back