So you took three or more exposures then...I see.
I don't like the above. It makes me feel queezy. These are, as you said, test shots, and they look as such.
And by the way, lash diffusers are generally a load of...*ahem*. They're not worth the money. Light scoops? Sure, because you're also bouncing off another surface. Bounce flash can be awesome. Flag it and you get beautiful directional light. But a diffuser like the Gary Fong Torpedo Mk III, or LumiQuest Softbox, or StoFen softboxes, provide very little real improvement. If you want to get soft light out of a Speedlite, you're going to have to use an umbrella, softbox (a real one), beauty dish (okay, that's getting on the harder side of things), or similar. (This is my opinion, but I've got two LumiQuest diffusers in my bag that I haven't taken out since I got my Vertex, and that's because the Vertex gives me control where the diffusers are limiting.)