GREAT book for those beginning in photography

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When i started out about 2 weeks ago, i was mostly concerned with learning the technical aspects of shooting, but after getting the hang of manual settings, i realized i didn't know what shoot!

i started reading "Learning to See Creatively" by Bryan Peterson and it really helps me see things i did not see before as far as photo opportunities go.

i have the 138 MB pdf if anyone wants it. If i were you though i would go to amazon and check some sample pages and then buy it to support the author.

May I also recommend "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman -- by far the best book on composition I have ever seen

thanks for the suggestion, i will def. take a look into that one

someone else on the forum mentioned Bryan's book "Understanding Exposure - Revised Edition", it's pretty good. I'll have to check out this one too.

Yes -- that is the book to own if you own no other.

yes, understanding exposure is definitely a good book. i'm about half way through the book and felt that i have learned a lot from it. the books also has exercises so you can try it out and let the subject sink in.

i also borrowed John Shaw's Nature photography 2000 edition. any other recommendations?

ive just purchased "understanding exposure as well".Today as a matter of fact...ive read about 10 pages...so far so good

Be interested in your views of the Shaw bok ejcarrol - its one I have had recomended to me by a few others.
I am also a recent purchaser of Understanding Exposure (this site should get commission from the publishers!) not read it yet - got a long car journey comming up for that!

overread, Shaw's book is the next after i finish peterson's book. i'll let you know what i think of shaw's book once i start reading it.

Most reactions

Back