What's new

Great Horses for Cowboys Daughter

carly

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 15, 2008
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
022-3.jpg


029-3.jpg


rodeo036-1.jpg



084-1.jpg
 
Well, I love horses, so I'm biased in my opinion :mrgreen:

Photographically, this is what I see (I'm no pro, so keep that in mind!)

1. is a nice shot, but could have been improved if it were less cropped, so as to show more of the surroundings. Maybe a sky or something, and preferably less centered. The lighting is great! And beautiful mare and colt :heart: You could also boost the contrast and maybe saturation to make it pop.

I like the angle on 2, but it's really blown out. Also, would have been better if the horses ears weren't pinned, but what can ya do? ;)

3 looks like a nice shot, but I'm not keen on the vignette. Also, blown sky/highlights and a bit noisy. But I love the expression you captured from that horse!
 
You've not asked for C&C so, I will limit my comments to saying that while you have some great images, especially the expressions, I think that better treatment of the skies through the use of circ-pol and grad ND filters would have moved these images up to the excellent category.
 
Haha I feel so special! Thanks for the pics Carly, it's great to see other people posting horse pictures! As tirediron said, I notice you didn't ask for C&C so I won't give any. But my favorite shots are the last two; great expressions! =D Thanks for posting these!
 
Oops, sorry... I didn't realize you hadn't asked for C&C! I was on a role after posting elsewhere :blushing:

I'll take it down if you'd like :wink:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom