Greeting from DFW!

coreymcl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm a beginner, shooting with a Canon EOS 6D with the EF 24-105MM kit lens. I'm here to learn as much as I can from all the great users here.

With several trips planned this year I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can so I maximize the shots I can get in great locations. (Montreal, Disney World, and Maui)

I tend to jump right in and am planning on picking up a few more lens in the near future. I'll start by asking a question. Aside from the resell value should you ever choose to sell your lenses. Is there any other reasons to purchase Canon lenses? Some of the video reviews I've seen seem to show near on par performance from Sigma and Tamaron. Since I'm not a professional and never plan to be one, I'm looking at ways of saving money. However I don't want to do this at the expense of quality not only in the lens but the shots I get from them.

Thanks for the advise.

Welcome! Tamron and Sigma are great lenses. Big issue MIGHT be compatibility with future camera bodies is hoped-for, but not guaranteed.

Still, in my mind, if the lens is good and the price is right- I would go for it.

In the beginning process of saving up for a sigma 150-600 myself!

Most reactions

Back