Greetings from Arizona

Skyclad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Brand new to the forums as well as to photography. Last night I just ordered a Kodak EasyShare z915 which will be in my hands by the 7th at the very latest.

Now I know its a cheap point and click camera, but im on a really tight budget right now unfortunately. But I do know that its the photographer and not the camera that makes a good photo (though a good camera does indeed help). ;)

I ordered the z915 because of all the P&C camera's under $200, that one gave me full controls of aperture and shutter speed and everything else. So im hoping for the best from what it is.

Anyways. I hope I don't get bashed too hard for having cheap equipment and for being a total noob and not knowing all the technicality's and lingo as of just yet as well as not taking good pictures yet. But thats why I registered here... To learn. :)

I got my camera today, but unfortunately it seems to be defective. I put the batteries in, gone through the setup, then got the settings on manual. The zoom, for one thing doesn't work. Wont zoom in or out. And in turn, it seems like the aperture doesn't do anything either. No matter what setting its at, it does not blur out the background at all.

I've sent an email to the seller via amazon, and now its just a waiting game on this (contacting, then returning and all that). So it looks like my picture taking days are on hold for about another week or so unfortunatly. :(

I hope you get the problem sorted out soon. Don't concern yourself with what kind of camera you have: today's $199 digital point and shoot would have been considered a miracle camera ten years ago. There are plenty of imaginative photos that can be made with a P&S digital...all you have to do is figure out how to use the camera and get familiar with it enough to make it bend to your will. Keep at it,and within a year you'll probably be making shots that you're pretty happy with.

Thanks :) Thats exactly what I plan on doing as soon as I get this one replaced. Till then, I have empty hands. So hopefully spending my non picture taking time on here will help sharpen my mind and my photographic eye.

So my reply from Amazon:

"Hello,

I'm sorry for the problem you had with your Kodak EasyShare Z915 Digital Camera
(Black)

When something like this happens, we'd send a replacement order. I've checked
your order and see it was placed with Pavilion Electronics a third-party seller
on our website. Because Pavilion Electronics's inventory is constantly changing,
we can't replace items sold by them that are Fulfilled by Amazon.

We don't offer an exchange program, but you're welcome to return the item for a
full refund. Please return the defective item for a full refund using the below
return mailing label at no additional charge. Once we receive the return, we
will issue a full refund. I confirm that you won't be charged to return the
item."

With that, it looks like it may be a little while till I get a camera as I won't be repurchasing this one for two reason's: #1 Its not on sale anymore at the moment. #2 I rather not go through this hassle and waiting time again.

So we will see what happens. Till then, I will keep reading these forums and continue to keep my eyes and mind open to learning more and more here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back