Grow Op

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
MSRT1008e1.jpg
Ok, only geraniums!
Junk store SRT101, Rokkor 1:2.8 35mm. Acros 100, D76 stock.

Nice simple, film photo. It's a shame some of these get pushed to the bottom drawer.
I saw this yesterday and made this crop, but then deleted it waiting to see if anyone else had input. I was thinking of just focusing on the lit window and blossum. Just a thought...
MSRT1008e1b_zpstw3ctaao.jpg

Thanks for looking and the crop suggestion Rick. I took this as part of a first test drive for this camera and a first try for me on a 35mm so was thinking more of DOF shift and field of view. Nice crop. Hope to get more critique.

Looks really nice. I like Rick's crop, too. I would have cropped it a bit wider, just to eliminate the lights at the top. Or maybe top and a shave off the left to balance the dark and light. Love the sharpness and OOF quality of the Rokkor lens.

Junk store SRT101, Rokkor 1:2.8 35mm. Acros 100, D76 stock.
And no darn tripod !!

well yeah, there was a pretty good one there, same junk store, $5 , but my brother snapped it up before I saw it.
Oh, you mean I should have used a tripod. Guess so. One click away from wide open and 1/30 notes say.

Looks really nice. I like Rick's crop, too. I would have cropped it a bit wider, just to eliminate the lights at the top. Or maybe top and a shave off the left to balance the dark and light. Love the sharpness and OOF quality of the Rokkor lens.

Been looking at this again. This suggestion looks good too. Perhaps the lights don't add as much as I thought at first, say chop the top off to 8x10 aspect or so. Liking the angle of view of this focal length.

Crop a la limr suggestion.... ( Title has to change as well. ) that almost black shoot growing upper right corner bugs me though.
MSRT1008e1 -.jpg

Very nice and delicate. I like Rick's crop.

I like the crops that get rid of the lights at the top of the frame but especially the second one that shows the whole plant ... I wonder if you monkey with the color channel sliders, that might dim down the leaves in the BG maybe a stop or so, but will let the white flower pop a bit. I feel like the white of the flower might be getting lost a bit.

I like the crops that get rid of the lights at the top of the frame but especially the second one that shows the whole plant ... I wonder if you monkey with the color channel sliders, that might dim down the leaves in the BG maybe a stop or so, but will let the white flower pop a bit. I feel like the white of the flower might be getting lost a bit.

Went back and reworked
MSRT1008e5jpg.jpg
the original scan kd...

okay! ... now bear in mind I'm only going by my own tastes, so please take what I say w a grain of salt ... the next thing I personally would try is maybe see if we could dim back that window a bit without dimming the white flowers, I still feel like the white of the flower is getting lost a bit. Again ... this is all just me.

What I really like the blotchy OOF areas of the leaves in the BG.

Last fiddle, promise..
No problems kd, take all viewer comments seriously, they're not influenced by my original ideas. Had I known beforehand that I would like this shot I would have lit it more to favour the flower rather than only treat it as a test drive to see minimum DOF of this lens.

Darkened the window and cropped away the near frame to reduce emphasis.
MSRT1008e6jpg.jpg

Most reactions

Back