Growing up.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Made the kids (well bribed them) go out and take photos a couple of weekends ago. Wanted to get some new images of them and try out some new locations. Here is one of my daughter. The sun was behind the building in late afternoon/evening.

Shot with a 7D mk ii, 70-200mm f/2.8, processed in LR and PS CC. It was shot with no flash, just using the sunlight.

Things I like about it: the pose, her smile, the brightness and warmth of the image and the location. Things that I don't care about is her squinting too much, so you loose the eyes.
Lesson learned: Wait another 1/2 - 1 hour and or take a reflector/scrim to help soften the sun in her eyes.

22719267151_1db24393ee_c.jpg

Yes, I too, like the pose, her smile, and the overall mood.

You might also reconsider the background for the next time.

I agree with Dzynr. She's lovely (maybe a bit too much squint).

The background grabs way too much attention.

I know that a dilapidated abandoned building is "en vogue" now, especially with the younger set, but someday that will "date" your photograph, and your daughter will probably wish you had gone to the art museum steps for the photo instead.

I agree with Dzynr. She's lovely (maybe a bit too much squint).

The background grabs way too much attention.

Thanks Jaca.

I know that a dilapidated abandoned building is "en vogue" now, especially with the younger set, but someday that will "date" your photograph, and your daughter will probably wish you had gone to the art museum steps for the photo instead.

Thanks Designer, this isn't the only location we went to. Still working on processing the others. We took some at this location, another spot along that alley and then in a park. I have some with flowers and trees behind her and my son. I will post some of those later.

I was hoping you'd say flowers and trees. Was going to suggest it :)

At some point, I will be bold enough to post some portraits as well. Not my thing, but hey.....you inspire me.

Here are some of both of my kids with different backgrounds. A couple of things that I learned from this shoot was that I probably should have broke out the reflector on a few of them and that I should have used both the 70-200 and the 50mm at each spot.

1)
KidsPortraits-72-Edit.jpg

2)
KidsPortraits-74-Edit.jpg

3)
KidsPortraits-100-Edit.jpg

4)
KidsPortraits-106-Edit.jpg

5)
KidsPortraits-108-Edit.jpg

6)
KidsPortraits-115-Edit.jpg

They have amazing smiles! Did that mouth shape come from your side or their mother's?

Just a "technical" thought on the first Ron. I agree that the "Grunge building" look will date these just about as accurately as 'big hair' dates a 1985 graduation photo, but... there's nothing wrong with that. What's popular is what is popular. BUT... if you'd moved her a foot to the right, you'd have not had those two heavy lines of the window-frame intersecting behind her back and "growing" out of her.

Just a "technical" thought on the first Ron. I agree that the "Grunge building" look will date these just about as accurately as 'big hair' dates a 1985 graduation photo, but... there's nothing wrong with that. What's popular is what is popular. BUT... if you'd moved her a foot to the right, you'd have not had those two heavy lines of the window-frame intersecting behind her back and "growing" out of her.

Thanks John. I didn't notice it until now. When I set up, I thought I had that all good, oops.

Thanks John. I didn't notice it until now. When I set up, I thought I had that all good, oops.
:lol: What can I say... I'm just a little CDO*

*OCD enough to need to put "OCD" in alphabetical order.

Most reactions

Back