Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

I'm so angry!!!! What is it with people that they think they have to abuse poor little animals?? I mean for Pete's sake! What kind of pleasure is derived from this? I've got a little cat out in my pet taxi that I'm going to take to the animal rescue here in a little bit (haven't been able to contact anyone there yet)...it's a stray that's been hanging around my work for the last few days...today is the first time I saw it, but the guys at work said it's been there...anyway, the poor thing has recently gotten it's tail cut off! There is almost nothing there..it's cut right up to it's rear end. You can tell it was recent cuz it's just now scabbing over. It's also got a nasty scrape on it's nose, too. It's such a friendly thing...I had walked the one block to the bank, and it followed me back, meowing at me and rubbing up against my leg the whole time. It's such a sweet cat...why would anyone want to hurt it??? :(

Ok...end rant.

That is really horrible that someone cut off its tail! Sometimes the world seems just filled with monsters who do these kinds of things. I often have trouble understanding the cruelness and apathy that some people can have towards animals -- or to other humans, for that matter. It's comforting to know that there are still some people who care. It's really nice that you're taking it to the animal rescue place. I hope it will find a nice home somewhere, seeing as it's such a friendly cat.

The rescue place will do a good job at finding a good home. I have a good friend that is a volunteer there, and I've almost adopted a kitty there too. You have to apply to get an animal, and they do follow-ups and visit you at your home after you adopt it.

They do check ups? thats amazing! Thats such a great idea.

hey corry...umm...not saying you should have to....but maybe...why dont you adopt the little fella....just a thought...but obviously im not saying you have to and that your mean not to, but just a thought.
A corey...just think...you could have saved that lille guys life :)

Shouldnt the pet rescue take care of that? and then you adopt? maybe I dont understand how its done..but its a shame...youd be a great owner :)

yeah corry :) the sweet little kitty wants you!!! :) ok ok kidding :) I understand that there might be some problems in adpoting kitty ght now... ehh.. unfortunately my dog doesn't like any other creature so I'm not able to have another pet.

Not to say that someone didn't cut this cat's tail off but most cats that loose their tail, do so in the fan belts of a car engine. In cold climates they climb up in the engine wells if the engine is still warm and every now and then they pay with limbs or tails.

And the fact that this cat is still walking up to people instead of being scared to death of them, you just never now.

Just a thought..........

malachite said:
Not to say that someone didn't cut this cat's tail off but most cats that loose their tail, do so in the fan belts of a car engine. In cold climates they climb up in the engine wells if the engine is still warm and every now and then they pay with limbs or tails.

And the fact that this cat is still walking up to people instead of being scared to death of them, you just never now.

Just a thought..........

Hell never look at a car the same way though...

Ok sorry that was terrible with bad taste...but I wonderd the same thing....main thing is though, he is ok, and another great thing...he found our corry to keep him safe!

I can certainly understand your anger as we have a couple of kitties of our own that we love dearly. But, are you sure some person did it?

We've had a lot of coyote attacks on pets around us lately. They killed our neighbors cat and mauled a small dog. I've seen a squirrel with it's tail torn off and one missing it's right front paw. I'm pretty sure they were attacked by the coyotes as well. We hear them almost every night howling out in the fields behind us.

I've also seen coyotes in large urban areas. Last year when I was comming back from O'Hare airport I saw one by the interchange of I-294 & I-90 right around 6:30 pm so they are around everywhere. It's very possible the kitten was actually pretty luck to have survived a coyote attack.

I sure hope it wasn't a person who did it. That is just plain awful. Good for you to take it to a shelter. We have a no kill shelter around us that we support.

core_17 said:
I can't adopt it...it needs vet attention, and I can't afford that right now.

aww... that'd be so cute! Corey kitty!!! :D Kittens are not that expensive outside of vet visits... Oh, c'mon... save a little tailless soul! :D

No, I'm not sure it was a person...I shouldn't jump to conclusions. But there is a 13 or 14 year old deeply troubled boy that lives right across the street from where I found him, that has a reputation for being mean to animals and kids that are smaller than him. After thinking about it for a while, I really think that it's a better chance that it wasn't a person, too. But still! That poor thing needs a home!

Now for my next rant. Do you KNOW how hard it is to drop off an animal at an animal rescue place???? First of all, no one was there, and I got an answering machine. The message said they check their messages 5 times a day, so I left a message. Well, guess what? THEY STILL HAVEN'T CALLED ME BACK! Even my friend that volunteers there couldn't get a hold of the woman that deals with the cats. So the kitty spent the evening at one of my friends houses (the shelter is a half hour away in the town that I work in), and when I got off work, I picked the kitty back up. I bought some food and cheap kitty litter, and a big plastic container to use as a litter box, a couple of cheap bowls for food and water, and some neosporin for it's cuts. My step-dad said I could let it stay at his shop (where I work) for the weekend, while I find somewhere for it to go. So it's got a nice big room, with food, water, and a place to sleep and poop...and warmth. At least for the weekend.

Yeah some people are terrible.. my cat(who was poisioned) was first catknapped or something... tortured, burned, had clumps of fur ripped off by what looked like tape, nails ripped out.. finally came home after 3 weeks being gone... then about a month later he was poisioned.... :(.. sometimes i hate people

mentos_007 said:
yeah corry :) the sweet little kitty wants you!!! :) ok ok kidding :) I understand that there might be some problems in adpoting kitty ght now... ehh.. unfortunately my dog doesn't like any other creature so I'm not able to have another pet.
am i a creature :p ;)

I had a cat when I lived with my parents...he was an inside/outside cat..one day he came home totally covered head to tail in MOTOR OIL!!! I thought he was going to die. Thankfully, he didn't. I gave him a bath (which wasn't anywhere NEAR getting it all out), and took him to the vet the next day...he gave me some anti-biotics and eye drops, and told me to keep bathing him til he was clean. Took about a week...he lost most of his hair too. I'm just glad he lived. I'll never have an outside cat again...their life-expectancy is so much lower than that of inside animals.

Most reactions

Back