What's new

Grungy

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Joined
Jan 30, 2004
Messages
5,358
Reaction score
73
Location
Santa Barbara, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Introducing the grungy back stairs of my apartment building. This is first photography that doesn't involve a person that I've done in a long time.

grunge_stairs.jpg


grunge_stairs2.jpg
 
wow these are really good! loving the colour in #1 - what prossesing have you done to get this effect?
 
Yeah I need a camera like that to get a great shot like that!! Lol just joking cuz someone for the first time told me that. It looks so good to me the first one that my noob self would even say it could be HDR?
 
Thanks guys. These are not HDR and there is no special processing other than adding a vignette on #1, and sharpening them to enhance local contrast.
 
I really love the first. The color is so vibrant. It's not only grungy it's creepy! Eep!
 
Outstanding color!
 
Yes, great colors and textures on these photos. Great work!
 
I love how the colors play together in #1. That yellow/red is incredible and gives a weired "cozy" focal point, which contrast very nicely with the harsh surrounding. Really very beautiful shot!

Is it all natural lighting or did you use any special equipment? I would really love to hear how that image came to be.

Thank you
 
Thanks everyone. This is all available light, and 1 exposure. The orange cast comes from a tungsten bulb in the basement.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom