Guatemala Portrait for C&C

Keopele19

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a recent shot taken in Guatemala. Need some advise before I print and frame for a friend. Post your thoughts!!!

3675762021_2b249535b9.jpg

Last edited:
can you not see it?

ok, i took the "?v=0" out. Can you tell me what you think?

the girl on the left has her chin cut off. that's a no no.

It doesn't really do much for me. I have cousins adopted from guatamala
^_^

unfortunately, that is full size. Do you recommend I crop her out entirely?

No because then you'd slice the head of the girl in back in half. Which is worse.

IMO.

As above plus, it really could have used some fill to balance with the bright highlight in the background.

I'd lighten the faces a bit. Leave the girl with the chin partly cut of in the photo. When shooting model photography, some parts of the body is purposely done like this. (I was asked to do it when I shot a 300 image portfolio for a model--though it's usually not a chin.

I've also read that when one side of the picture is cropped very close (chin-girl) that if you also crop the other side extremely close (say to the ear of the girl on the right, this improves the image. If you notice, the girl in back of the chin-girl also has her chin partially cut.

Yet, I know the parents, etc. probably want to see the chin, so I've also been know to actually widen the picture on that side, crop a bit off the other side and try to reconstruct the lost part of the face, ear etc. I've had good luck with many animals (for clients) and even things like feet, ears, arms, etc. on humans. It isn't easy, but something to play with if you've been working for years in Photoshop.

Just my experiences. Good Luck!!!

Most reactions

Back