What's new

Guthrie, OK - sites and scenes

John, FWIW, I went back to that jpeg and I lightened the eyes just a little bit and I think it helped it a lot. I replaced the original above.
:thumbup: Nice, NOW we need to see a sepia monochrome conversion!

I can do sepia. Hopefully this evening I will have some time for that one.

...Nice locomotive shot. It either looks like she's new or right out of the paint shop.
Pretty new... she was outshopped from EMD's Fort Worth plant on 10 Jan 2014.

How did you determine that?
 
I'm more of a steam era buff myself, but I appreciate anything sitting on rails. I think locomotives are like automobiles. The 1st and 2nd generation diesels at least had distinct styles. To me, the new stuff all looks alike. I also miss the vintage mixed consists of 40ft cars. All we get now are the mile long autotrains with an occasional 70ft flat car loaded with steel.
But it looks like I just "derailed" Ron's thread..Back to the nice shot of the wagon of flowers. :thumbup:
 
I'm more of a steam era buff myself, but I appreciate anything sitting on rails. I think locomotives are like automobiles. The 1st and 2nd generation diesels at least had distinct styles. To me, the new stuff all looks alike. I also miss the vintage mixed consists of 40ft cars. All we get now are the mile long autotrains with an occasional 70ft flat car loaded with steel.
But it looks like I just "derailed" Ron's thread..Back to the nice shot of the wagon of flowers. :thumbup:

Here, I'll put it back on the rails for you, Rick. This shot was from February and is a 1950's era from what I was told (1956, I think).

 
One of the gentlemen that I have been going on walks with lately, loves Trains and the history, so we have managed to shoot a train every time that we've been out so far.
 
I'm more of a steam era buff myself, but I appreciate anything sitting on rails. I think locomotives are like automobiles. The 1st and 2nd generation diesels at least had distinct styles. To me, the new stuff all looks alike. I also miss the vintage mixed consists of 40ft cars. All we get now are the mile long autotrains with an occasional 70ft flat car loaded with steel.
But it looks like I just "derailed" Ron's thread..Back to the nice shot of the wagon of flowers. :thumbup:

Here, I'll put it back on the rails for you, Rick. This shot was from February and is a 1950's era from what I was told (1956, I think).


EMD E9A - VERY nice!
 
The Reading Railroad Heritage Museum had a pair of FP7A's that they used to use for excursions.
I haven't seen them for a while but they sure looked good after they were freshly painted. It takes wheelbarrow's of money to keep that stuff running.
 
tirediron - per your request.

 
Last edited:
$13434339213_8e7d24f157_za.webp
Here's my take. Just kidding. It's one of Paint Shop's Gimmicks called Time Machine. I dated it for 1839
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom