H O P E !

elking

TPF Noob!
Reaction score

Hey all :)

Please tell me what you think of this ?

H_O_P_E_by_elking.jpg

Nice. I think it might have been improved just a bit more by a slightly different camera angle which would have shown the leaves of the taller stem to greater advantage and a slightly different crop to move it off of centre.

I'm not sure if they are used only for presentation here on tpf, but the borders really bother me. There are some (very few) that work, but in general (and I may get yelled at for this) I feel like they are an attempt to "help" out a not-so-good photo. I just feel like the image should stand out on it's own. I will sometimes place an image on a black field, but that's about it.

As for the photo.. it appears to have a color cast. It's like the rocks around the green plant aren't properly color balanced. I would like them to be more "grayscale"... actually I mean to say "rock colored". I know that sounds odd, but there's a color issue in the background.

I quite like the idea and the very selective focus, but I'm with tirediron in so far as I think an even flatter point of view (meaning: you -> flatter on your stomach ;)) might have made it even better. As it is, I'd still suggest a crop to move the little plant more out of the very centre of the photo.

Not sure if there's a colour cast --- feels a bit heavy on the magenta side, but then this is soil, not rock, I should think, and that can take up all kinds of colours.

As to frames ... I'm guilty of throwing a frame round each and every photo I put out online, and not to enhance a weak photo, but to give it a more finished touch (that's what goes on in my mind when I put a frame round them).

You have some serious CA/compression fringing going on here...

Thank You everyone who has giving an opinion ,, im sure they'll help ,,
about the borders , i just feel it enhances a photo ,, and i make sure they dont change the idea and persective of the photo , thats why i use a transparent one ..
Thank you again :)

Most reactions

Back