Had my mock exam

So in other words, you have to think about what you're doing. If you just turn around and say "I had a gut feeling and just snapped" you fail?
Safe to say you'd do better than me then Artemis.

ferny said:
So in other words, you have to think about what you're doing. If you just turn around and say "I had a gut feeling and just snapped" you fail?
Safe to say you'd do better than me then Artemis.

I'm sure we all often have gut feelings and snap - but what's that got to do with taking pictures? :wink:

For me everything...I very rerely compose or anything...my shots arent thought through...perhaps that is the problem...

Artemis said:
For me everything...I very rerely compose or anything...my shots arent thought through...perhaps that is the problem...

You have just taken your first step, Grasshopper.
One of the secrets of good photography is understanding yourself - why do you want to photograph x and not y. Only then can you work out what it is you are trying to say about what you are taking pictures of. And that is the start of good photography.
If you are taking pictures just for the sake of taking pictures you just end up with a bunch of 'so what?' pictures.
Keep up the thinking and you'll get there ;-)

Woo, exams, i just did three printing exams and two writing exams.. not to bad.. i pulled As and Bs on the printing and As on the written stuff

PreludeX said:
Woo, exams, i just did three printing exams and two writing exams.. not to bad.. i pulled As and Bs on the printing and As on the written stuff

Good one. Keep it up and congrats

Hertz van Rental said:
PreludeX said:

Good one. Keep it up and congrats

thanks, ill keep it up.. as tough as i can.. arrrghh

Artemis said:
You know most of the rules and how things work, right? Well then, every shot you take is taken with these in mind. Even if you don't realise you're doing it.
It's just like driving. You don't think about changing gear, you just do it. Subconsciously you're thinking to yourself "Ahh, I'm in 4th and the engine sounds a little revy so I need to go to 5th". But you don't notice it as such.

Erm, that makes sense, right?

ferny said:
Artemis said:
You know most of the rules and how things work, right? Well then, every shot you take is taken with these in mind. Even if you don't realise you're doing it.
It's just like driving. You don't think about changing gear, you just do it. Subconsciously you're thinking to yourself "Ahh, I'm in 4th and the engine sounds a little revy so I need to go to 5th". But you don't notice it as such.

Erm, that makes sense, right?

That's what I tell myself. Deep down inside me there is a highly talented photographer trying to get out. Just that mostly I keep it well hidden. :irked:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back