Half

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2096736973_9181ef306d_o.jpg

Yellow cast is intentional. One Vivitar 285HV was used. The slight kicker on the subject's left side was unintentional, it must be the white surface behind the subject.

Regarding head space, I like designs of simplicity, not cramming.

I can't get over the fact that his glasses are crooked. I can look at nothing else.

I can't get over the fact that his glasses are crooked. I can look at nothing else.
I have to agree, but I'm disappointed that you didn't comment in other areas. I know crooked glass is very distracting, but it could be fixed easily (reshoot not photoshop).

i dont like his uneven shoulders nor the background. the idea for the picture is alright, though

i dont like his uneven shoulders nor the background. the idea for the picture is alright, though
Thanks for the feedback.

I guess I put too much attention into the lighting, and everything else is ignored. I will try to apply a more thorough self-critique next time.

Sorry, what does yellow cast mean?

I think it's an interesting composition....the "half" of his face that's lit up seems kind of gimmicky though.

I kinda like the crooked glasses.. gives it even more character and makes it less symmetrical.

Unless that's the look you were going for

Sorry, what does yellow cast mean?

I think it's an interesting composition....the "half" of his face that's lit up seems kind of gimmicky though.
Yellow-cast simply means the color of the light source or the color of the surface it is reflected off is casting color on the subject. At least that is what I take it to be. In this case, it's done digitally with a curve adjustment.

To be honest there is no composition except framing, I was mainly playing around with the lighting, so that's probably why it seems gimmicky.

I kinda like the crooked glasses.. gives it even more character and makes it less symmetrical.

Unless that's the look you were going for
Nope, as I said, there's no composition except framing. I'm just starting to incorporate lighting into my portraits. After I have sufficiently master the basics of lighting, I will look into posing.

I meant to say framing...I like the way he is positioned in the framing, some interesting slants in the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back