Hallway

blatalllic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In this photo I wanted to capture my hallway in B&W. The room was completely dark with the excemption of the hallway light at the end...I was going to a dark but but comfortable feeling...I want in a sense make the hall way look long...Kinda like light at the end of the tunnel....

Camera Settings....
I was on the floor laying flat for this shot
Monotone mode
f5
ISO: 200
14MM
Shutter 1/1 sec

Hallway.jpg

Any comments or things I should change would greatly be appreciated....Im here to learn so be harsh LOL

I like this a lot but I'm not sure why. I don't see much I'd change but I'll check back and see what others post - maybe remove the bright reflection from the floor in the fore ground so the lines in the floor take your eye to the door. Well done.

I don't think that the horizon is completely level. My only real complaint is a complete lack of midtone contrast.

To me it seems like the bright reflection on the floor takes away a little from your intent to make it look like a tunnel with the famous light at its end, for there is already so much light there on the way to that end, see what I mean?

Other than that, the piece of furniture on the right helps create the effect, the sofa (?) on the left not quite so with its rounded shape, but since this is the photo of "what is", only worked towards a desired effect by POV and exposure, I would not suggest to move around anything!

Therefore, all in all I think you are getting where you want to get to, indeed.

yea you need to straighten out the pic

Most reactions

Back