What's new

Hammered Ice, Part 2

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 17, 2006
Messages
857
Reaction score
1
Location
Bradley, IL
:lol: As Clark said in his recent posting, we got together again and finished our "ice experiments" for the winter. We kept it simple this time and just smashed ice with a hammer. Again, some of the water was colored for special effects. C/C welcome & thanks for looking!

Next week, we're back to shooting & blowing things up.

Now you see it . . .

Ice---now-you-see-it----8906-.jpg


Going . . .

Ice---going----8908-.jpg


Now you don't!!

Ice-now-you-dont-8871-.jpg


Threw in some other shots for you to look at.

#1

Hammered-Ice-1-8893-.jpg


#2

Hammered-Ice-2-8894-.jpg


#3

Hammered-Ice-3-8895-.jpg


#4

Hammered-Ice-4-8902-.jpg


#5

Hammered-Ice-5-8904-.jpg


#6

Hammered-Ice-6-8914-.jpg


#7

Hammered-Ice-7-8916-.jpg
 
I really hammer iced number 3, the color look awesome. You guy came up with some creative idea for photography. How many times did you guys have to try to get all the timing correct?
 
Thanks for the comments. It took us many, many attempts. The sound triggers we use really helps a lot. We took turns smashing the ice. I believe our settings were ISO 100, F8 & bulb.
 
This is a very creative series. I like all the colors but like the plain ice shots as well. Keep up the good work. Am anxiously awaiting the next experiment.
 
the only thing (and this is so minor I hate to even say anything)... I don't care for the safety warning or whatever (black text) on the hammer... I know, how lame of me?? hahaha

otherwise, SAH-WEET pictures!!!!
 
Thanks, Scooter. Hopefully we'll have something soon.

And, Jermz 01, I appreciate the comment. I didn't edit out the "wording" on the hammer because of the ice flying everywhere in some of the pics & I wanted consistency (as much as possible) throughout the series. I didn't want a plain handle in 1 pic and not the next. I'll pay more attention to it in the future. And, thanks for the comment!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom