Harbour Sunrise

abovenormphotos

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
13407816473_48b0b7e36c.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for checking out this thread, I'm looking to get some feedback regarding this photograph I took. Please do critique especially on the
Composition : Framing, Cropping alignment etc
Technique and post-processing

I wanted to capture the scene at the Harbour, with the boats anchored with the sun rising from behind them. It was quite a pretty scene an I wanted to capture it. I knew I could get still waters and with the patchy clouds moving fast, I knew the sky would turn out to be rather streaky and nice.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?

Sunrise @ The Reflections at Keppel Harbour. approx 7am
2 image HDI Blend
Canon 6D, Tamron 24-70 @24mm, ND400 Hoya HD, ISO 50, f8.
For the sky and water - 126s
For the boats - ISO 200, 1/100s

The sun was coming up fast and I knew I had to get shots off quickly as the light kept changing. And given that my shots were long exposure shots, I was left with even less time. Snapped a few. And manually blended these two after selecting them from a pool.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks in advance!

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3808/13407816473_48b0b7e36c.jpg

13407816473_48b0b7e36c.jpg

Last edited:
I grew up on the water and this photo puts me back to that time in my life. Some people will never truly know the feeling of a morning by the water like that. Its calm, yet you know something is coming, its quiet, yet you can hear every sound, and its dark, yet has strong light.

To me, you captures all of that.

Nice job!

Beautiful shot...Makes me wish I were there!

I grew up on the water and this photo puts me back to that time in my life. Some people will never truly know the feeling of a morning by the water like that. Its calm, yet you know something is coming, its quiet, yet you can hear every sound, and its dark, yet has strong light.

To me, you captures all of that.

Nice job!

Thank you Parker. I'm glad this shot works for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back