Hard Work - Life in Amish Country

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, tried some different film, decided I don't care for the results, but these shots were salvagable. Actually I kinda like them, let me know what you think.

AmishManSM.jpg

AmishMan4SM.jpg

AmishMan3SM.jpg

AmishMan2SM.jpg

Cool series. I like #2 the best. There are some Mennonite communities about an hour's drive from Toronto and I always like to see the different way they live, but am reluctant to openly snap their photo. Looks like you were able to do it from a respectable distance. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thanks, #2 is my favorite too. I like the manure kicking up and the horses pulling. We have quite a large Mennonite population in the area (I shop at a Mennonite store quite frequently and love it), but we also have quite a few Amish. Both the Mennonites and the Amish are wonderful people. I feel lucky to have become friends with some of them. I don't know this gentleman but he was very kind and stopped to pose when he noticed me. Of course I thanked him and complimented him on his team. My photos really don't do those horses justice, they were truely beautiful creatures.

Nice shots. I also like #2.
If you crop off the white house on the right side of #4, I might prefer that one ;)

Thanks woodsac, ya know I actually did that and found I didn't like it when I did. The tree was gone too and it just seemed off somehow. Nice to know someone else thinks like I do though too.

Nice work! I like #2 and #4 as well. What different life that would be.

Most reactions

Back