Harley Davidson Shoot - Maybe Not Safe @ Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, no more talk of the history of the swastica etc.. this is a photography forum, and i for one don't give a crap what anyone thinks of these issues... you have been warned.
Give feedback on the photos if you like, then carry on with your day. ;)

thank you, exactly what I was trying to explain. You're so much more eloquent with words than I!

So, now I'm curious. The weekend is over, what did you come up with?

The man in the photos comes off as a poser to anyone that actually rides and handles firearms because he's not being truthful. No biker is going to be on his bike with gun in hand...because you need both hands to operate the bike. No biker is going to wear a 1% shirt without being in some kind of outlaw club because then he's purely wearing the shirt to show off. -No biker is going to ride down the road flicking people off like that unless they're trying to prove something for no reason.
-I'm not fond of the "badass" nature of most riders that purely act that way to get attention.
-The way these thoughts comment on your pictures is simply that you've recorded something cliche and slightly disjointed.
I agree with all these points, I was going to say them myself. It's just too cliche, it's like all he's missing is the big bad leather jacket, but my favorite would have to be the first one.

cool shots.

also +1 for gun rights. NRA member here.

So, now I'm curious. The weekend is over, what did you come up with?

only 8-12 hours of photoshop. He would not go again unless it was late morning. I had to make do with what i had and they turned out much better.

I still wanted to shoot again.

I am real big fan of taking pictures of motorcycle and cars, the last one is my favorit one of the set. the first one I think an angle a little more the the right would be great youll show more of the forks as well as the seat leading up the sissy bar
and the 3rd one would look awesome from right behind

they are all good shots but number 6 really stands out!

i think #7 would have been better at a lower angle.

dito :), i enjoy #6 and #7 but a lower angle on 7 would have just topped the cake :) amazing photos.

I must be blind...

I don't see the swastika in #3...

Its actually in picture 5, in the tail light. Just an FYI for those who found/find the swastika offensive: It was originally a Buddhist symbol, adopted and bastardized by Hitler. It is definitely more infamous for Hitler's use, but it was used a a buddhist symbol for centuries before he took it. Just so you all know. Oh - and it is still offensive, I suggest that you never go to a buddhist temple.

First, the technical aspect. They are properly exposed but the PP is boring. Nothing really pops out as you would expect in such photos. Sorry but with bikes you need some popping going on.

Two, the cultural aspect. Those photos are a joke. Unless that publication you are shooting for is about hollywood bad boys, ie posers. You need to know a minimum about what you are photographing if you want your photography to be honest. And if you don't know what a 1%er is, you don't know anything about this culture. Which is kind of weird when you are supposedly portraying it.

The guy is not wearing any colors (if you don't know what that is, go do some reading) and no serious MC member would be photographed without his colors. They are too damn proud of them. So he is a joke who doesn't belong to a club and is not representative of the culture you are supposedly portraying.

No, I don't belong to any club. I'm not the club kind of guy. But I have ridden with them some times. A friend of mine was a neighbor of Sonny Barger and I rode with him when in California. If you don't know who he is, it is another good reason to go study up on MCs.

Owning a Harley does not make you part of any MC. You can look as bad as you want (your guy doesn't even look that bad) but that means jacksh*t.

Learn about your subject before you shoot it and you will probably avoid some such dumb mistake.

Now, if you want to shoot some real bikers, Sonny is in your neck of the woods. Why don't you give him a call. Of course, you'll probably **** your pants before you even start shooting. Hey, all in a days work.

Dude, the guy is who he is. He isnt trying to be some *** (go watch south park to get that, cause i dont mean homosexuals.) he actually builds bikes and makes a good living at it. Ive known him for years and he is just a crazy ****.

Dude, the guy is who he is. He isnt trying to be some *** (go watch south park to get that, cause i dont mean homosexuals.) he actually builds bikes and makes a good living at it. Ive known him for years and he is just a crazy ****.

OK I'll accept that. I build for income as well. Here's one of my favorites. Too much bling for me personally and not a great image either. Oh well. But when someone else is paying for it you've got to do what the boss asks.

Mikes.jpg

Didn't mean to turn your thread into a bash fest,sorry. I just have a problem with the stereotypical portrayal of an outlaw that isn't an outlaw. I live that lifestyle and were your buddy to call me gay...........well it would turn out poorly. Again sorry for the hijacking,wasn't intentional I just didn't think of the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back