Harper's Ferry, WV

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few more from this location from a couple of weeks ago. [Sharpening dialed back now]

1) looking up at the Church close to the top of the hill.

Harpers Ferry-10-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2) Circle up the wagon.

Harpers Ferry-36-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3) looking out the window. Love the effect this old glass has.

Harpers Ferry-39-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4) just needs a small repair.

Harpers Ferry-104-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

5) looking down from the high point. [Also straightened.]

Harpers Ferry-114-Edit by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great pics! There's tons of interesting things to photograph in HF. Did you make the climb uo the stairs to the church?

Are you trying a new technique Ron; this seem absolutely ridiculously over-sharpened to me (and #5 tilts a tad). The scenes are nice, but the processing is.... different.

Great pics! There's tons of interesting things to photograph in HF. Did you make the climb uo the stairs to the church?

Thanks. No we drove up to it and then walked up to the rock.

Are you trying a new technique Ron; this seem absolutely ridiculously over-sharpened to me (and #5 tilts a tad). The scenes are nice, but the processing is.... different.

Yes and no. None of the things I did was new technique for me, just a different combination. The difference is that all of these were processed in CC (used basic adjustments in LR5 and then over to CC) I used layers and the Gaussian blur to sharpen then (sort of like unsharpening mask) I've done it before in PSE11. As for #5, I'm sure it is tilted, I didn't attempt to straighten it.

That was a good decision to drive up. I usually end up walking it and then paying for it both then and later (out of breath then sore for a day or two due to my bad knees). It's very steep and uneven and I dread falling on them!

I could see that. The walking up from the church to the rock was enough for me. The stairs walking up were awesome to look at and photograph but that's all I wanted of that.

the sharpening is killing me.

Hey Ron, I hate kicking a dead horse but the sharpening is way over the top

#3 is really entrancing

Harper's Ferry is a lovely area.
In the summer, the water is often shallow enough to wade both the Potomac and the Shenandoah.
I used to fish there, parking on the Maryland side and walking over the tracks to the water.
If you are ever up this way again, let me know and we can take in some not-so-touristy sights.

#3 is really entrancing

Harper's Ferry is a lovely area.
In the summer, the water is often shallow enough to wade both the Potomac and the Shenandoah.
I used to fish there, parking on the Maryland side and walking over the tracks to the water.
If you are ever up this way again, let me know and we can take in some not-so-touristy sights.

Thanks Lew. I wanted to let you know, but I was on business (training) again this year and was there Tuesday night and left Friday right afternoon. Luckily, we got some time on Thursday this year to go site seeing. I never really know when I'll be free during that week.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back