Harsh C&C Expected... gimme what you got

Starkel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I decided to take a leap into photography, bought a Nikon D70, not sure I like it though, lol and am trying to figure it out (by trial and error). These are a few of the pics I have taken, the Paintball ones were taken from behind a net - not brave enough to go on the field yet, especially at a pro tournament, lol them things hurt! I have made no edits on these, yet, wanted to get y'alls opinion first, lol... so let's hear it!

Good11.jpg

This one is my FAV... cause the Ref is ducking... way to do your job buddy, lol! BTW... he stayed like this for the better part of the game, lol!

DSC_0048.jpg

good48.jpg

Off the break...

good42.jpg

cates9.jpg

good28.jpg

and a bit of landscape... I love these fields, and they are EVERYWHERE!

DSC_0300.jpg

I had some other good ones... running and such but it seems that someones head always get's in the way, lol! thanks in advance for your input!

Hello and welcome!

The first thing I'm noticing is that you are missing your focus on the action shots, however the landscape seems to be spot on. After checking the meta data I see you are shooting plenty fast so this means you just need to get used to focusing on moving targets, definitely practice some more!

The composition of the landscape isn't bad, you picked a nice area to shoot. However, I would suggest that you learn some of the key elements of photography. For the most part your subject is in the middle, I'd suggest trying to offset them using the rule of thirds. Basically, pretend your image is sliced into 9 even segments. Three parts vertically and three parts horizontally. Try placing your subject on one of those lines, and see how much more interesting it is versus right in the middle.

This also applies to your landscape, see how the horizon line goes right through the middle? Try placing that line a bit higher so you get more of the land and watch what it does to your photo.

Here are some nice links that can help you learn some more of the basics of photography and really get you started:

General list of Basic Elements:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...rum-photo-gallery/123160-tutorial-thread.html

Terms Defined!
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ery/167288-camera-terms-acronyms-dummies.html

A start with lighting:
Strobist

These three links (two of which are found in this forum) will help you get a quick start in photography and hopefully give you more of an edge as you continue to experiment and explore photography :)

Thanks Shmne! I will def check those out! I was having a hard time focusing, mainly because of the netting that was between me and them and people kept jumping in front of me, ugh, I think next time I will suck it up and go on the field! I will also try that with the landscape, as there is plenty here in Germany to shoot, lol everywhere is fields and forrest!

I am so jealous of you, seriously you have no clue xD The forrests and plains in New Jersey are all behind the highways and I have yet to find a decent location :x

I know all about shooting through netting, it isn't easy at all :| Are you putting any kind of protection on your camera? Just afraid that it may get hit by a paintball o.o

I know it is sooo gorgeous here, and we still have 3 years left :) I tease my husband that everywhere we go looks like a painting, it makes me sick sometimes. We're from TX and to be honest I prefer the dead, dry, tumbleweeds and such to green fields and forrest, lol.

No it won't get hit unless I go on the field and then I would cover my camera to protect it.

Oh ok then, that is good to know. I just happened to see all the paint splattering left and right. Couldn't help but to fear that, I'm sure you wouldn't take your camera somewhere it'd get paint all gunked into it but you never know. Sometimes people just get so excited and forget :|

I can't believe you'd ever want dried up fields over that xD Then again it is nice being home.

The last photo of the field is great. Funny because I had to go look to see where you live because we have those same fields all over in our area. I'm in southern Germany....Bavaria actually are you anywhere close to that?

The last photo of the field is great. Funny because I had to go look to see where you live because we have those same fields all over in our area. I'm in southern Germany....Bavaria actually are you anywhere close to that?

I live near Kaiserslautern/Ramstein area but that photo was taken about an hour from here, not sure which direction, lol hubby was driving, he told me where we were but I didn't listen we were going for a PB tournament, lol. This whole country is beautiful!

It sure is beautiful and makes photo taking awesome!!! We are in Hohenfels and we have tons of those same fields right across from our house here. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more of your Germany photos!

Most reactions

Back