Harvesting asparagus

I love asparagus ...

The shot is very cool it carries the mood well but one thing, I wish I could see the tool. I've never seen this crop harvested and I'm interested in tools (call me crazy).

Right there with ya. I LOVE seeing the tools used, and products being harvested. SO much cooler than seeing it just sitting in the grocery store. Even more surprising, I would say that 85% of the Asparagus we get normally comes from Peru. I guess the Cali crop stays out west. . .when we DO get USA product, it's more expensive than the stuff that comes from South America, seems bass-aackwards to me, and that is IN SEASON pricing at that.

Nice shot, OP. Would you mind sharing the color original?

Any decent steak with Grilled asparagus = gastronomic heaven! Oh yeah! Great shot!!

Asparagus...mmmmm. Chuck in asparagus with some spaghetti near the end of cooking, dress with olive oil, a little butter, salt, pepper, chopped parsley and parmesan. Nom Nom.

Great photo.

Also love asparagus! Great shot! I'm going to try and make it to the asparagus festival this weekend in Stockton. I bet that's where a bunch of that is going to.

On my commute to work today I passed by an asparagus harvest. I haven't shot a harvest in a long time so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot one again. This was my favorite shot from the bunch.

asparagus.jpg

As usual another nice one Dan.

The day I shot this I also had grilled asparagus wrapped in tri-tip at a bbq restaurant we profiled. Nearly as good as Bacon-wrapped asparagus.

And thank you, everyone.

There's a ton of cool elements to this shot. It's very neat. The tones, the sky, the "action"... the man standing in the middle of a field that has been laid waste with a hand full of victims. All very nice.

Ya know, ya never think of asparagus as something that has a harvesting season. I just figured it kind of materialized at Kroger...at night...when no one is watching

Most reactions

New Topics

Back