Harvesting asparagus

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On my commute to work today I passed by an asparagus harvest. I haven't shot a harvest in a long time so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot one again. This was my favorite shot from the bunch.

asparagus.jpg

That stuff takes a LONG time to grow!!!! This photo has a nice, theatrical sort of vibe to it....me likey!!!

Is this from that spiffy new Sigma 35/1.4 you bought recently? How is that lens shaping up for your various uses? What can you tell us about that lens and or this photo?

This shot was a D3s/17-35mm f/2.8 combo. I did have the 35mm and D800 too. The quality of those shots are fantastic but I just didn't like the overall photos as much.

i have been using the 35mm for a lot of the S.F. Chronicle work I've been doing. I use the 35/D800 combo for a lot of the feature portraits and it does pretty well for candid shots too. The sharpness is crazy, even at higher ISOs the 35/D800 combo has some very nice images.

oda23ph06.jpg

samplelarge.jpg

sampleuni.jpg

On my commute to work today I passed by an asparagus harvest. I haven't shot a harvest in a long time so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to shoot one again. This was my favorite shot from the bunch.

asparagus.jpg

I like this shot a lot, but I think I would prefer it if it had a wider range of tones. This one has a lot of middle tones and dark tones. Too much I think.

asparagus.jpg

There's not a single thing about this photo that I don't completely dig...

My only question is, "Why would anyone [harvest aspargus]? That stuff is FOUL!

(But I like the shot!)

Perfect the way it is, don't touch anything.

I love asparagus ...

The shot is very cool it carries the mood well but one thing, I wish I could see the tool. I've never seen this crop harvested and I'm interested in tools (call me crazy).

(But I like the shot!)

Try broiling it with Olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. It will get crispy and delicious.

never boil (darn New Englanders!) steam or saute w/ a little garlic....bbq is ok too ;)

(But I like the shot!)

It is good with Beef/lamb and red/garlic potatoes.

I love asparagus ...

The shot is very cool it carries the mood well but one thing, I wish I could see the tool. I've never seen this crop harvested and I'm interested in tools (call me crazy).

Here (link) is a typical asparagus knife blade. Handle length varies.

Filet mignon, mashed potatoes, and asparagus. Yummy...

Great shot. I like the feeling of isolation you get. Like there's nobody around for miles and miles.

FOOD, foodie, foods food.

Most reactions

Back