Has anyone bought and canon products from china, Hong Kong or Singapore?

Aakajx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone bought and canon products from china, hong kong or Singapore?

My mother keeps telling me to buy from there.. But I won't as I want the Australia warranty.

are then lens just cheap imitated ones. Or at they they same thing from the stores.

Yes and No. Sometimes they are the same thing, made in the same factories but without the branding and warranties. Other times they are cheaper quality. There isn't really any tried and true way to tell.

no. But I've bought things direct from hongkong before and I cant say enough about how good the service and quality of the merchandise was. zero problems.

Sorry about the auto correct >:| . Thanks. Yeh they say they are canon but you never know. I think my mothers going to buy some so ill test them lol .

Watch your credit card buying from there. I bought a flash suing paypal from China. A couple of weeks later, found out that my PayPal info was leaked and charged 900 to my credit card.

Watch your credit card buying from there. I bought a flash suing paypal from China. A couple of weeks later, found out that my PayPal info was leaked and charged 900 to my credit card.

How was that possible? They need your PayPal password for any transaction. Or did they crack your password? I thought that using PayPal was quite safe for exactly that reason: you do not supply any information apart from your
PP email address... What do you mean by the leaked PP info ??

re OP question - I guess it depends on what site you are using. I had a great bargain with
Onestop Digital, good service and no problems.

How was that possible? They need your PayPal password for any transaction. Or did they crack your password? I thought that using PayPal was quite safe for exactly that reason: you do not supply any information apart from your
PP email address... What do you mean by the leaked PP info ??

re OP question - I guess it depends on what site you are using. I had a great bargain with
Onestop Digital, good service and no problems.

There was a big story on how PayPal info was leaked when it relocated to China. They somehow got my info, changed my password, and charged my card. I can only assume their records were compromised.

Most reactions

Back