Has anyone ever been robbed or mugged while out shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes me mad is people denying the slightest possibility that the mining is the cause for the problems. "We take the sand, do a little something something with it - and we've got oil! Then, we put it back right where we found it. And as you see, the forest comes back within some years, and the place is full of wildlife."

And the thing that makes me :puke: is the TV "documentaries" that romanticise the whole process. "Oil - our energy source. Oil - what makes us live our lives that we all take for granted. And it is all because of our hard working men, that sweat and work bad hours, that this is possible. We have the world's biggest trucks - there are no bigger in the world. We get the oil that you need, and do that without destroying the environment. We're making your life possible."

I have to say you americans that carry guns make me so envious. Us gun owners here in canada are automatically treated as murderers. They basically want innocent people to be defenseless here.

Unfortunately Obama and his conspirators are doing their best to make that happen here as well. For the time being, a nice big camera will get you treated like a criminal/terrorist here more than a gun in most places. :(

Well, good thing that what you stated isn't actually true or founded in reality. Some of the rhetoric I've seen regarding gun control makes me really concerned for one. People stating that they "need guns to protect us from the government." Sounds pretty radical to me. (Not saying that's you, Netskimmer, just what I've read on the net)

BTW, I am a recreational gun user, and I am for gun ownership rights. I just have absolutely no reason to believe that anything will happen in Obama's second term that will restrict gun users rights.

The second amendment will stay, unless you believe what Faux News tells you.

Well, carrying a weapon in the UK is illegal so it's best to just keep your wits about you, be sensible about where you go and what you have on show. Apart from that, if anything happens just be ready to deliver a knuckle sandwich directly up the throat!

. People stating that they "need guns to protect us from the government." Sounds pretty radical to me. (Not saying that's you, Netskimmer, just what I've read on the net)

Radical or not, that is EXACTLY why we have the second amendment, and EXACTLY why politicians both right an left fear it. It's also EXACTLY why our founding fathers put the Second amendment in the Constitution, and were so very adamant in protecting it

Radical? Yes. I would think that taking up arms against an overbearing Government, by it's people, would definately be considered radical.

But then again, that's why we aren't lackeys for England right now. And also why you have the right, if you so choose, to own a firearm. ;)

I had one homeless lady tell me she loved photography so I showed her some of my pictures. She told she thought they were really good. Then she told me she loved me too. : }

Did you get lucky? :eyebrows:

Don't think i would carry a gun after the George Zimmerman case, if he gets convicted of murder it could open the flood gates

Don't think i would carry a gun after the George Zimmerman case, if he gets convicted of murder it could open the flood gates

Don't think you would carry one before hand either, seeing as your country sees it necessary to disarm it's law abiding populace (and seeing your repeated, very vocal opionion on firearms). In your country a perpetrator of violent crime could just beat a victim to death with a pipe or their fists or lets face it, a gun.... and the "law abiding" citizen would have absolutely no recourse other than to hope the police show up before he dies or fight back with their bare hands, and hope they come out on top. Me? I like keeping things on a level playing field. I would prefer that 120lb woman has a gun to fight off a 250 rapist rather than her fists and a whistle. :er:

And as far as the Zimmerman case goes, It's a tragedy for sure, but unlike the majority of the "news media" sources here, and the masses screaming for his blood before he is convicted of anything, I'm going to let the facts get presented in court, and allow the justice system do it's job before condemning him for anything. Too bad the public and news media can't do the same.

Problem is you really need to know its coming. A slick guy could probably grab your cam and run before you have time to grab your gun. And you cannot shoot somene fleeing :(

Shooting a guy dead for stealing a camera. Only in America.

I think in the case of Zimmerman the only certain criminals are the pigs who refused to investigate the event. If Zimmerman is guilty, it might be evidence of a horrible, unforgivable mistake resulting from a culture which requires too few responsibilities to gun owners who use their weapons.

But the real criminals are the police.

--

You have a right to own a gun, you have a right to use it in self defense. But if you're wrong - for whatever reason - it should be manslaughter. No excuses, no exceptions. If you are going to have the right to carry a weapon, you have to accept the responsibility for it's use.

There seems to be a lot of hate for the US by some folks in your country based on some drastic false stereotypes.

Maybe you should have some Kraft Dinner, put on a sweater and calm down a bit. Eh?

:lol:

I have to say you americans that carry guns make me so envious. Us gun owners here in canada are automatically treated as murderers. They basically want innocent people to be defenseless here.

Unfortunately Obama and his conspirators are doing their best to make that happen here as well. For the time being, a nice big camera will get you treated like a criminal/terrorist here more than a gun in most places. :(

Well, good thing that what you stated isn't actually true or founded in reality. Some of the rhetoric I've seen regarding gun control makes me really concerned for one. People stating that they "need guns to protect us from the government." Sounds pretty radical to me. (Not saying that's you, Netskimmer, just what I've read on the net)

BTW, I am a recreational gun user, and I am for gun ownership rights. I just have absolutely no reason to believe that anything will happen in Obama's second term that will restrict gun users rights.

The second amendment will stay, unless you believe what Faux News tells you.

As long as we stay vigilant the second amendment will stay. This will be because of the diligence of American citizens and in spite of Obama's efforts to destroy it. His voting record is quite clear and he has stated his opinions on the matter directly. He is not going to destroy the second amendment outright, he and his cronies are chipping away at it slowly by pushing anti-gun legislation and by demonizing gun owners to the general public.

Cronies? Really? Please...

---

Now. Has anyone been out Shooting while Mugging? Now THAT would make a photo essay.

Problem is you really need to know its coming. A slick guy could probably grab your cam and run before you have time to grab your gun. And you cannot shoot somene fleeing :(

It's called deterrence. If a criminal thinks there is a good chance he will be killed for his efforts he would be far less likely to do it. If you were going to mug someone and had to choose between Montreal or Texas which would you choose?

Cronies? Really? Please...

---

Now. Has anyone been out Shooting while Mugging? Now THAT would make a photo essay.

If the shoe fits. As for the shooting while mugging, I have seen several stories were criminals have documented their crimes. Would be kind of tough with a DSLR though, unless you had cronies... ;)

It's called deterrence. If a criminal thinks there is a good chance he will be killed for his efforts he would be far less likely to do it. If you were going to mug someone and had to choose between Montreal or Texas which would you choose?

Then why is it that violent crime rates are highest in regions with the most gun ownership? Texas is a perfect example. Obviously there is a causal relationship, but also we've ad guns long enough that you'd think that there would be an effect.

I'm pro-gun, but the argument that guns make the streets safer isn't backed up with evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back