Has anyone here ever shot motocross?

shawnxstl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im wanting to go with my neighbor next weekend to a race and I want to experiment with motocross photography.

Any tips?

That is what I shoot primarily every week ,be more specific with what you would like to know and maybe i can help

i don't really know what to expect, mainly. Its been a few years since i've been to a race. Im not really looking for anything spe cific...just some general tips..like, whats some things you always do when you shoot this type of stuff?

this probably sounds stupid. ha

whats some things you always do when you shoot this type of stuff?

1: Have fun

2: PANNING...events like this are a great place to practice your panning skills

I like taking my son & camera to the local arena-cross races.

AC6.jpg

AC4.jpg

AC3.jpg

AC1.jpg

Awesome shots man.

For the OP, i would suggest you rent fast lens (70-200 f/2.8) if you have access to one close by.

Good luck!

i don't really know what to expect, mainly. Its been a few years since i've been to a race. Im not really looking for anything spe cific...just some general tips..like, whats some things you always do when you shoot this type of stuff?

this probably sounds stupid. ha

Well moto is a 3lap race with 2 motos most of the time, so you will get a few chances each moto to try and get "the shot" #1 you may try shooting the holeshot "1st corner" it can get ugly there as every one is trying to get it ,then you have the rest of the race its going to go fast,so i would check out the track early see where evrything is at jumps corners and so on,try and set your self up on a spot that gives you maybe a corner and a jump of some kind and becarefull of the B/G if you can ,as said above try out your panning as well while your there,IMO f-5.6 and wider is best for moto most of the time isolating the subject can be the difference between i got the shot? and great shot !but not always, if your close try using your fill flash also they wont mind at all !! Remember its a race there will be some battles going on out there try catching it :) Have fun !!!!!!

awesome.

sadly, i don't have access to anything but the kit lens that comes with the rebel XT. ill see what i can manage with that though.

also, great shots posted above.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back