Has anyone seen this? Thoughts??

Interesting publicity stunt. I mean it's certainly something to talk about later "Hey i did a wedding in each state" but they certainly will get free publicity in their local (if not national) papers. They better be good though, cause all those weddings will be in their protfolio. If a regular photographer gets a bad day he doesn't have to show those on his site, but this photog will have to pretty much show them all as it is kind of the point.

Interesting publicity stunt. I mean it's certainly something to talk about later "Hey i did a wedding in each state" but they certainly will get free publicity in their local (if not national) papers. They better be good though, cause all those weddings will be in their protfolio. If a regular photographer gets a bad day he doesn't have to show those on his site, but this photog will have to pretty much show them all as it is kind of the point.

That's what I was thinking. But you should go to the Facebook page and look at the photos. These people are getting what they pay for - Free, or, nothing. I mean, they are getting wedding photos, but the quality? It's questionable.

Anyone else? I just thought this is interesting. Would you allow someone doing this project to shoot your wedding? I think she is making this weddings free of charge.

ugh.... This women is not a photographer, she is a lady with a camera. Her photos are NOT professional or even close to it! I am pretty sure I read she has 24 years experience and shot over 1000 wedding?! Hmmm has she ever picked up a photography book? Anyone with a camera could take those pictures. This kind of makes me mad. I hate when people who are so uneducated in the profession take peoples wedding photos because thats a day they will never get back. Its a cool idea and I am sure it will generate a lot of press and free advertising (although how free can it be? traveling the country has to be pretty pricey). Its a cool experience but maybe for someone who actually knows what they are doing. I dont care if its free or not, I wouldnt allow her to take pictures of my wedding. At least she has photos up and people can see what kind of crap to expect out of their photos.

ugh.... This women is not a photographer, she is a lady with a camera. Her photos are NOT professional or even close to it! I am pretty sure I read she has 24 years experience and shot over 1000 wedding?! Hmmm has she ever picked up a photography book? Anyone with a camera could take those pictures. This kind of makes me mad. I hate when people who are so uneducated in the profession take peoples wedding photos because thats a day they will never get back. Its a cool idea and I am sure it will generate a lot of press and free advertising (although how free can it be? traveling the country has to be pretty pricey). Its a cool experience but maybe for someone who actually knows what they are doing. I dont care if its free or not, I wouldnt allow her to take pictures of my wedding. At least she has photos up and people can see what kind of crap to expect out of their photos.

My sentiments exactly. I was hoping I wasn't the only one.

Have you guys read the site?

"Win a complete wedding photography package including Lisa Ann as your primary photographer, a local professional wedding photographer as the second photographer..."

"Win a complete wedding photography package including Lisa Ann as your primary photographer, a local professional wedding photographer as the second photographer..."

This could be good and bad, but probably more bad. I don't understand how she wants an established local photographer as her assistant when her photos aren't up to par.

What local, established, respected photographer will want to be an assistant to someone they've never met from outside their own state, let alone their town?

Don't understand what bothers you that much people.... If she wants to do it, fine, let her do it. If people want crap wedding photos, fine, let them have it.
If people don't care about the quality, they would find some other crappy photographer and they wouldn't pay for a professional anyway. There are many low-quality photographers out there doing the job for free every day, so what's the big deal? You are mad, because she has a website and trying to show off? Well good job then, you just made her a little bit more popular thanks to this thread. This is what she wants - to be known and that's exactly what you've delivered.

Interestingly enough, I met this lady tonight at a local coffee shop. She happened to be eavesdropping when I was telling my friend about how things are going for my photography work. Lisa then asked me a few questions about what I know and how I know it, then proceeded to hand me her card. Instantly I knew it was this same website when I saw her card. She offered some of her classes to me too . . . bahhh.

It's a good excuse to travel. :)

What photos? I can't find any samples of her work. The site seems to be more an ad, either for locals to pay for advertising, or for workshops.

Oh, never mind. I just found all the off-centered, ocean-horizon-is-off-28°, out-of-focus, groom-with-a-guy-in-bathing-trunks-in-the-background-saying-"What-the-hell", can't-properly-use-a-fill-flash, must be using Auto, roughly 2% of the shots are (accidently) level Facebook page.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back