Has anyone tried Sterlingtek batteries?

sothoth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Has anyone bought spare (or replacement) batteries from Sterlingtek? Any feedback on their quality/performance? Certainly the price is good. I bought a replacement batter for my portable phone for $10, when the branded battery was $39.99. It has been performing wonderfully for over a year. Anyone else tried them for camera batteries? Did you get what you payed for or is it just a good deal? I don't think there's much rocket science to making batteries so I don't think there should be a hurdle (in quality) for much less $$ than the camera company produces them.

Their link is www.sterlingtek.com

I bought two replacement EN-EL3 batteries for my D50 from them. The sterlingtek versions actually provide a longer shot-life than the Nikon batteries do. They both worked great until one of them stopped working all together. The other one still works fine.

I have used Sterlingtek batteries for a couple of years and have had nothing but excellent results and service from their batteries.

I use them in 4 different cameras and their capacity is usually much improved over the OEM batteries.

I have also been using Sterlingtek batteries for several years. They last longer than the Canon battery and are certainly cheaper. The customer service is also very good.

Highly recommended.

I don't know for sure...but if one of their batteries failed in a few months...I'd bet that they would replace it for you. But as mentioned...one battery is only around $12 so it's not a big deal.

I don't know for sure...but if one of their batteries failed in a few months...I'd bet that they would replace it for you. But as mentioned...one battery is only around $12 so it's not a big deal.

$12?!?! dang that's cheap. Anyone know if they perform equal or better to Nikon OEM batteries at high altitudes and in cold air? I could much more easily afford about 4 of these for trips.

$12?!?! dang that's cheap. Anyone know if they perform equal or better to Nikon OEM batteries at high altitudes and in cold air? I could much more easily afford about 4 of these for trips.

Just bought a 2-pack of Canon knockoff batteries from Sterlingtek for ~$30. They're 1700mAh instead of the ~750mAh battery that came with the camera, so in theory they should last ~3x as long. I guess for that price I won't freak out if one fails, but since the feedback has been so good and my experience with their knockoff phone battery was so good, I think it's a reasonably safe bet.

Thanks for the feedback from everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back