Has you Canon or Nikon camera ever broken?

Has your camera broken on you?

• Total voters
Wow... so far it looks like 1/4 of the people here taking the poll have had one or the other bust on them. :eek:

I think that the people that have had the Rebel XT go on them should kinda be excluded from the busted list.

For some reason, a lot of them just died in new or near new condition and are fixable under warranty (*way* more than normal, I know of at least a dozen people now that this happened to in the Montreal area alone). This is just not usual for Canon at all.

Why? If canon made a crappy camera in the XT series or Nikon in the lower DXX series then let the tale be told! That's exactly what the poll should reflect IMO.

Define "broken".

I have 2 Canons with broken LCDs. The LCD on one (A540) is actually cracked (this camera took A LOT of abuse, it's actually in pretty good condition considering what I've put it through), the other (350D) just stopped working one day. Other than the LCD, both cameras work fine.

Nope, so far never had Canon break on me. I have had 3 cameras in 15 years just sold one ( still working) and still have and use the other 2. :thumbup:

A 40D of mine stopped taking pictures. Everything seemed fine, but the shutter would only actuate once out of every 15 times or so that I would hit the button. Sent it to Canon and it came back working like new.

I am speaking of non-percussive damage. :)

So, like, it just stopped working one day. Not "Jeez, I dropped it off the brooklyn bridge onto the sidewalk and for some reason it stopped functioning!" :)

So far the results are wicked even, which is interesting, because I could swear I saw more people complaining about broken Canons than Nikons. It's starting to look like my theory that maybe Canons break more is bogus. How dissapointing. :)

My bodies have been fine, but I had a Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 that had a bad diaphragm. B&H exchanged it, no questions asked.

When I first got my brand new Canon Rebel XT, it stopped working about 2 weeks after I got it (while I was in the Arctic, unfortunately, so I had to beg other people to let me use their cameras. And it wasn't a battery issue, in case you were wondering). When I got back home, the store that sold it to me replaced it, with no questions asked. I've had no problems since then.

A 40D of mine stopped taking pictures. Everything seemed fine, but the shutter would only actuate once out of every 15 times or so that I would hit the button. Sent it to Canon and it came back working like new.

that's what is happening to mine! is this common?

Oh the trend is shifting a bit now... interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back