Hasselblad 500 C/M image problems...

Sevarg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was hoping I could post a couple of photos I've taken with my 500 C/M and get some advice because it seems I'm having some issues. I'm brand new to medium format and film, but have learned a lot recently. I've put 2 rolls through my C/M and have very similar results on both rolls. Some shots look completely monotone and grey while others look like there's light leaking and some look perfectly fine. Like I said, I'm pretty new to this, so any input on what you think may be the problem would help!
Lens is the 80mm 2.8 and I did use a light meter to ensure the proper EV, shutter speed and aperture would be used. The body had a CLA about a year ago. Maybe it's a lens/shutter issue?

Attachments

• 23710001.JPG
    23710001.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 327
  • 23710012.JPG
    23710012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 300
You need to replace the darkslide light trap in the film back. It looks like this:

mLPlscXVeu13GfxxdQg98WQ.jpg

Joe

There are too many variables to answer your question about the contrast issues without a lot more information.

For starters:
What film? How was it processed? Are you showing us scans of negs or prints? If the images were printed, how? Samples of frames you feel are OK? Do the negs themselves show adequate contrast before printing/scanning?

The image on the right in your post appears to be printed from an underexposed neg so there could be metering errors.

Your camera may also be malfunctioning despite the CLA or the lens may have internal haze or fungus (look through the lens while shining a flashlight from the other end).

it almost looks like you're using expired film. I could be wrong, though. The image on the right shows a definite light leak, however, so I would get that trap seal replaced (it's an easy diy job), try some new film, and see if that helps.

Most reactions

Back