What's new

Hate be a copy cat but...

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Location
Chattanooga, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Seeing the other macro of bullets inspired me a little. What could I do to improve this photo, make it a little more interesting?


4041058618_98fbc9f9f5_b.jpg
 
This is just a suggestion, but maybe try getting some more of the gun. The 1911 is a sexy contraption :mrgreen:
 
" What could I do to improve this photo, make it a little more interesting?"

Maybe shoot the shot using a "real" 1911--one chambered for .45 ACP!:lol:

No,seriously though, I think a little bit brighter look at this would be nice, and maybe just a few more degrees higher a viewpoint, to show more of the grip and the beavertail. ALso, and this is just a personal matter, but I think checkered grips would look a bit better than the smooth grips, and I think maybe putting a magazine in would look better than the empty well that shows on the lower right hand corner. Also, whatever is in the upper left corner is a bit of a distraction.

it looks like a simply overhead incandescent light shot...I think maybe moving the light source so it rakes in from the left and casts a shadow on a standing cartridge might add a bit more of a 3-D effect.
 
Thanks Derrel, some very good points. I should have certainly had the magazine in. I may reshoot and post again. Oh, btw the way it is a .45. Two of the rounds are 10mm and one is .45. Gad casings from a friend who has an awesome Dan Wesson 10mm that I just recently shot.
 
I've wondered about the 10mm...my newest trinket is a TZ-75 chambered for 9mm with a second barrel and slide that allows me to also shoot the .41 Action Express round which is made on 9mm brass,so the extractor still pulls 'em out perfectly without any need for anythimg more than a barrel swap and a mag full of the wildcats. I'm not very familiar with the 10mm round. I passed up a sweet, tricked out Commander a few years back and am still kicking myself over not snagging it. Hard to believe something designed roughly a century ago can still be so capable so long afterwards; look at a camera from 1911--it's a dinosaur!

I'd love to see a re-shoot on this with the mag in and the 10mm casing substituted for a .45 ACP casing. The slightly higher viewpoint would really help solidify the basic shot, I think.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom